Coby MPC-741 + Xin SuperMini-3
May 14, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #31 of 34
Hi,

1. Not sure what you meant. Just put it in and use it, like a normal AAA. Use a paper clip or something to help if you have a big thumb.

2. Just turn on the FM tuner, then press Rec. That's it. The record file is in 256kbps MP3. The SQ is pretty good.

3. I filled in the internal 256MB with some of favorite music once and for all. Then use the SD card reader for all music transfer. The USB is not essential to me. 2Gb SD in FAT32 should work fine. Haven't tried 4Gb SD yet.

(** Don't use the Coby to format SD cards larger than 1Gb. Use a card reader instead.)

4. It shows up as two external drives. Just cut and paste, that's it.

The Coby has a nice SamSung audio chip in it. The SQ is one of the better ones I've seen so far. The build quality however is nothing to home about. For $50, it is a very good deal.

May 16, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #32 of 34
Greenleaves: you took my question about rechargeables too literally. I didn't mean "how do you plug them in," I meant "how well do rechargeables work." Voltage is lower than alcalines. Is the performance with rechargeables acceptable?

Is the a cut and paste function on the player, or are you suggesting plugging it into a windows computer through usb and moving?

Anyway, I took your advice and ordered it. So I'll know myself pretty soon. Got the 512mb version. It would be interesting to know if the 4gb SD works. I bet it does.

May 16, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #34 of 34
Classicalguy: Sorry for the confusion. A 1.2V rechargeable should work fine, its play time depends on the mAH. A 1.5V alkaline gives about 8-9 hours.

Yes, you need the player connected to a PC via a USB to cut and paste between the memory and the SD card.

Do let us know your impressions when you have time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back