CMSS-3D settings
Sep 13, 2009 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Shizdan

1000+ Head-Fier
What are the correct settings I should have for Headphone gaming in my X-Fi control panel? In-Game with CMSS-3D(Such as speaker amount aka 5.1, 7.1, 2.1 or headphones) and Windows volume control?

Edit:

Right now my Windows Volume default device is SPDIF Out.

I'm using digital SPDIF out to my Compass.

In the Audio Control Panel it is at "Headphones". EAX Enabled. Crysitalizer at 20%. CMSS-3D Headphone enabled with Macrofx and Elevation Filter on.

Note: In the Settings Part, For my Digital I/O, I have " Play Stereo Mix Through Digital Output" I have no clue what that means but It allows me to have sound when I test the CMSS-3D Headphone for surround sound.

Is this correct?

Sep 13, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #3 of 13
I should probaly mention that in windows it is set as SPDIF so I can't pick 5.1. Also, When I change it to 5.1 in the X-Fi control panel, The option to test CMSS-3D Disappears!

Sep 13, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #4 of 13
Right now my Windows Volume default device is SPDIF Out.

I'm using digital SPDIF out to my Compass.

In the Audio Control Panel it is at "Headphones". EAX Enabled. Crysitalizer at 20%. CMSS-3D Headphone enabled with Macrofx and Elevation Filter on.

Note: In the Settings Part, For my Digital I/O, I have " Play Stereo Mix Through Digital Output" I have no clue what that means but It allows me to have sound when I test the CMSS-3D Headphone for surround sound.

Is this correct?

Sep 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimVincible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you read the manual? :p

Yes it stated no such things.

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #7 of 13
I think you actually choose the analog as the default out. You can then choose 5.1/7.1 in the windows settings for that device. Under properties on the Custom tab tick Enable Digital IO. In the CCP set FlexiJack Mode to Digital I/O. Everything should pass through SPDIF now anyway while applying the CMSS-3d processing.

I wish I could get all this working but my Creative drivers constantly crash out. I'm wondering if I should get a Forte, or just use USB or onboard through my Compass. =/

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish I could get all this working but my Creative drivers constantly crash out. I'm wondering if I should get a Forte, or just use USB or onboard through my Compass. =/

I'm wondering if I should just buy a Compass..
rolleyes.gif

Sep 14, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

I think you actually choose the analog as the default out. You can then choose 5.1/7.1 in the windows settings for that device. Under properties on the Custom tab tick Enable Digital IO. In the CCP set FlexiJack Mode to Digital I/O. Everything should pass through SPDIF now anyway while applying the CMSS-3d processing.

Na its on Optical Out.

Sep 14, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Then I assume you bought the actual Flexijack piece, in which case everything I said still applies...

...it comes with a optical (SPDIF) adapter.....you plug it in. Im talkinga bout the settings. My system is hooked up correctly, I was jsut wondering about the settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back