cmoy
Aug 3, 2002 at 3:59 PM Post #2 of 6
Great!
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2002 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 6
I own one and can tell you it's quite reliable, as is JMT himself. It's a bit harsh on the upper frequencies for my taste but still listenable, ridiculously portable, inexpensive and economical to run (the amp, not JMT). The single 9v battery it requires lasts for ages, which is due to the op amp (which you might want to discuss with JMT who, so far as I know, does not require a battery). Also: You'll want to tell JMT if you're going to use high impedence phones like the Sennheisers you've mentioned.

People say the cmoy works best with Grados, which don't happen to be among my favorite headphones. The mint-cased version looks really George, but I don't recommend it if you're inclined to carry headphone amps around. (How long does a tin of mints last in your pocket?) If you intend on leaving home with your cmoy, I suggest asking JMT to use the more durable (Serpac) case.

Aug 3, 2002 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

I own one and can tell you it's quite reliable, as is JMT himself. It's a bit harsh on the upper frequencies for my taste but still listenable, ridiculously portable, inexpensive and economical to run

LOL!

How does it feel JMT?
biggrin.gif
Being described like that?

Seriously, I listened to the JMT CHA47 at the WOH tour. Seriously, this is one awesome amp. Its amazing for its price/size. No reservations!

Aug 3, 2002 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

How does it feel JMT?
biggrin.gif
Being described like that?

Quote:

a bit harsh on the upper frequencies for my taste but still listenable

My wife and kids would agree....
Quote:

ridiculously portable

Well, I have been losing weight. Thanks for noticing.
Quote:

inexpensive and economical to run

My wife would not agree....

Aug 3, 2002 at 8:38 PM Post #6 of 6
I use my JMT-built CMOY every morning with my JVC HA-3s and the combination works very well. Smooth and balanced would be my description. I recommend it without hesitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back