Cmoy with TLE 2426 - 2 caps?
Mar 19, 2006 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

The Monkey

Monkey See, Monkey DAC
A really sick dud
So I'm building a cmoy using the TLE railsplitter and I'd like to know what to do bout the caps. Should I just still use the 2 as shown in Tangent's schamtic, or is it better to go with one, and, if so, where do I place it?

Thanks.

Mar 19, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 5
Go to tangent's website, there is an article regarding power supplies in the amps. It is called "twakeing virtuals grounds" or something similar. You can see examples and the explanation for the different solutions

Mar 19, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 5
I read it, but missed the schematic, thanks.

I see how the single cap would span across the battery, but now I'm trying to figure out where the leads would go, and would I need to change the jumpers from the stock config?

Mar 19, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 5
On the MINT, Tangent still used the two caps (V+->GND->V-) with the TLE. This is also the way I do CMoys/A47s. Not saying there aren't advantages (and disadvantages) to doing a single cap before the TLE though. I usually just use the std. 150 board layout modified a bit for the TLE, so it makes the most sense to do it that way.

Mar 19, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #5 of 5
It does seem sorta strange the first time you build with one cap only... Do yourself a favor and mount the splitter with the legs in a triangle pattern. The center leg would be one hole behind the other two...makes it a lot easier to solder the wiring to IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back