CMOY question!
May 23, 2004 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

null

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently obtained all of the parts necessary to build a CMOY, but I cant seem to understand where to solder all of the components together on the pc board. i.e. i dont know which lead from r1 has to be soldered to c3 etc. etc. tangent didnt seem to really explain this very well on the site. help!

May 23, 2004 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 6
Resistor orientation does not matter. Capacitor orientation does when you are talking about electrolytics [not sure what schematic you are using, can't find a C3 marked on the library..link perhaps??]. The marked lead on electrlytics should go the the low, negative polarity rail [if it is going from say a 9V rail to ground, marked is the ground. If it is going from ground rail to -9V, then the marked rail is the -9V.]

What PC board are you using for this amp?

May 23, 2004 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 6
i'm using the Ratshack board 276-0150, but i think you dont understand what i mean. normally on a pc board, you must join the leads of components together b/c there is no pcb, right? but tangent did not explain where to solder the leads of the components (for example, he didnt say solder r1 lead to c1...) that is where i'm confused. btw, sorry for using c3, it was just an example.

May 23, 2004 at 4:02 PM Post #4 of 6
You just solder them right to the copper pads. When you solder two things to the same pad it is like they are connected. Just place everything exactly how you see it in the layout diagram and solder them to the copper right underneath.

Hope that helps!

JV.

May 23, 2004 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 6
I figured I wasn't understanding something.

It is not important the layout of the board, what matters is the connections. With that board you specified, if I see it corretly, it has bus strips [connected pads so one hole is connected to another] and I find that this can make it both harder and easier to do a layout. Harder in that you have to watch where you put components and easier cause it can act like a PCB with traces [handy for power rails and signal rails]

Anyhoo, just follow http://www.tangentsoft.net/audio/cmo...rial/assy.html [you want the left side directions] and just solder the leads of components or the jumpers to the underside copper pads as Lil_JV mentioned. The connected traces will do the connecting of the components for you so all you need to do is place the jumpers [takes the signal from one trace to another] and the components.
I tried to find a bottom image of the board but failed.

LMK if ya need any more help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back