Cmoy optimized for grados?
Nov 26, 2002 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

spandexcajun

New Head-Fier
To start thank you Cmoy ,tangent ,headwize, and head-fi. With your help I have built a Cmoy amp and
eek.gif
it works!!
I built it from tangents article with hi-quality resistors and no volume control. I included R5 (the resistors from the article) manly because I had ordered them and could not let them be. My question is the amp works great , no noise, however I think the gain is to hi ( default of 11 ) what is the best gain to use w/ grados (sr - 80) I will also be using this amp with seenhiser mx 400's which have the same impedance as the grados. Anything else to do for the best performance with grados?

Nov 26, 2002 at 5:19 AM Post #2 of 6
Whoops
frown.gif
Maybe I should have posted this in DIY section ?
Oh and um.... HI ( I did not introduce my self ) I have been lurking in these forums for a month or so and finaly registered. I have read a lot of post and made good use of the 'search' so hopefully I will not ask to many dumb ?'s
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2002 at 5:51 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi, welcome, felicitation for your work and watch your wallet
biggrin.gif

yes, you will probably have more answers on the diy forum but a moderator will probably move it.

Nov 26, 2002 at 6:02 AM Post #4 of 6
felicitation

n : acknowledgement that someone has an occasion for celebration [syn: congratulation]

I thought I had a large vocabulary, not so much! Thanks and thank you for incresing my word power
cool.gif

Nov 26, 2002 at 6:06 AM Post #5 of 6
oooops, in fact, it's my english vocabulary which is pretty poor (I am from Belgium, french speaker). You can pick and use a lot of french words in English, it works most of the time if you're lucky.
biggrin.gif
,in case of doubt, I just type it in word
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2002 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 6
Hooray! It feels great to get your 1st amp done. If you want to do another, try the Apheared 47 next, as it is simple like the basic cmoy but has more current for hungry low impedance phones. The bass will be pretty heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back