cMoy ipod noise
Sep 15, 2009 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SaxonFSU

Head-Fier
i just completed my first amp, nautrally a cmoy, the problem i am having now is that there is a slight hiss. u can hear it throught the phones but when you unplug the line on the ipod end, it stops. i am going out of the headphone jack for now, i am woundering, is this just the ipod and i need a lod, or should i add the resisters that are optional in the cmoy plans from audiologica?

not a loud hiss just able to be herd on pause or in quiet songs.

other than this, i have successfully completed my first amp, first try, tonight thanks to this forum :)

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SaxonFSU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just completed my first amp, nautrally a cmoy, the problem i am having now is that there is a slight hiss. u can hear it throught the phones but when you unplug the line on the ipod end, it stops. i am going out of the headphone jack for now, i am woundering, is this just the ipod and i need a lod, or should i add the resisters that are optional in the cmoy plans from audiologica?

not a loud hiss just able to be herd on pause or in quiet songs.

other than this, i have successfully completed my first amp, first try, tonight thanks to this forum :)

Congratulations on your first amp! The slight hiss you're hearing does indeed come from the iPod; as confirmed by the fact that when you unplug the iPod end it stops. I use an 80G 5th generation iPod and I can hear that slight hiss when I turn it on.

A LOD can help with that. Not that the iPod's line out is less noisy, but by the fact that since it bypasses the iPod's volume control, you have to barely turn the volume up in the CMoy, and that has the aural effect of decreasing the noise.

cheers!

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ask yourself this question: What is hiss?

...my guess is that its like interference from the fact that the ipod is just consumer level and the components are really small, cheap, and close together? thats my non scientific answer.

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #5 of 6
for some reason when im playing music, and i put my hand infront of the screen, the system hisses even more, any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back