CMOY/FM transmitter/pencil case (imgs)
Jul 26, 2002 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Canadian Psycho

New Head-Fier
After staring at the corner of my room I noticed the stack of various forms of aluminum and a various assortment of locks and widgets I decided to tackle a new project.

I am the proud owner of three SENSA pens and pencils and for a while now have been wanting to make a locking pencil case to protect my valuable writing utensils from this one extremely fidgety kid in my class and to theft etc...

For months though I have been put off by the lack of function that would come out of a bulky contraption such as this due to the lock and ejection mechanism... SO I have decided to use the extra space and incorporate the CMOY and FM transmitter.

Here is a sketch of what it will be like (see through) the one box is inside another like a drawer a piece off of my fly reel stops the second piece from coming out completely until a battery change is needed etc. The 2 9 volts will be connected in parallel as I don’t need the extra voltage for high impedance phones, just the extra battery life.

Image1.jpg

Latter on I decided to mount the jacks onto the front panel for easy access the power switch will be a rocker with off, amp or fm transmitter. in stead of using the same line in I am using 2 separate jacks to keep the circuits simple.
here is a pic
Image2.jpg

So what do you think?
Oh it will be made of aluminum that I may or may not anodize.

For those of you that are underprivileged and have never seen a SENSA pen here is one, the soft plasmium filled grip can be damaged easily thus case.
VBlue_Big.JPG

Jul 26, 2002 at 11:01 AM Post #4 of 11
I have a connection in jersey where I can get them for 30-35$ American but after taxes and customs etc it turns out to be 60-70$ Cdn The first one though I payed like 100$ the retail is about 50-70$ usd or like 70-110$ in a canadian store they go for 120. You must have been looking at the metals made off gold and titanium etc

Bics suck. This case will be perfect to house my amp

Jul 26, 2002 at 11:15 AM Post #5 of 11
I am a pen "nut" too. Once you have tried a SENSA, you will never want to write with anything else again!

For those who do a lot of writing, the SENSA can ward off medical problems to fingers. For those of us (like me) with arthritis, this pen is a God-send! (How much is a hand worth?)

Jul 26, 2002 at 12:31 PM Post #6 of 11
To a pen "nut" saying just use a bic is like saying sony fontopias are better than ety's. They do the same thing, they play music, just spend the 15$. As a student comfortable writing instruments are cucial, especially in those 3 hr exams.

Jul 26, 2002 at 9:25 PM Post #9 of 11
Hmm interesting "hobby". I use a regular mechanical pencil for writing, I rarely use pens. Does Sensa make mechanical pencils too?

Yea the one I saw was gold plated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back