CMoy Distortion
Mar 21, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #16 of 22
I was afraid of that. Looking through his diagram, I realized I forgot the RLED resistor... ugh, I feel so stupid.
mad.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #18 of 22
After seeing how to actually solder things now, I have a lot of work to do. A lot of the solder joints I made are... um... subpar, at least. I also checked all the resistors, and I'm almost 100% positive they're correct. My main concern right now is that I fried the amp. I'll redo the solder joints when I can though for good measure.

Here are a couple more photos...

Sorry for the glare, the copper is really shiny...
bottom4.jpg

top3.jpg

Mar 22, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #20 of 22
So how cold is a cold joint anyway? If the resistance measured across it is too low for the meter to read, it's safe to say that it's good, right? I did some soldering yesterday for the first time and some of it was really ugly (making interconnect, really not much room to work with the wires in the mini jack) and not done idealy, but the total resistance across the cable is still only about 0.2ohms. Would a cold joint have a fairly high resistance? How high?

Mar 22, 2006 at 8:46 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenja
So how cold is a cold joint anyway? If the resistance measured across it is too low for the meter to read, it's safe to say that it's good, right?

Not necessarily....it could be more prone to lose connectivity over time.

Mar 23, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
Is R3 shorting with the Opamp?

Just a crappy photo
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back