cmoy amp, opinions?
Jul 19, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 5
nice case but cant see the internals
juice2241 and bioscience geek do nice ones in penguin mint tins
chances are that you paying for the case more than internals!

Jul 19, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #3 of 5
I built 3 Cmoys just for fun. None of them significantly improved my listening experience. A change in headphones provided the first quantum leap in sound enhancement. A dedicated headphone amplifier further enhanced my listening experience. You do not need to spend a ton of money to enjoy high quality music throug hheadphones. Forget the Cmoy and look to a better quality headphone as you first major upgrade.

Jul 20, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #4 of 5
Those cmoys are from Zigis, who is a member here. You'll see him in the DIY forum . I liked his kits. They are quality kits and his communication is excellent. The cmoys on ebay are for those without the skill to build their own. Though I agree with breakfastchef's view on better cans for a better experience, cmoy's are a good start for those getting started .

Jul 20, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I built 3 Cmoys just for fun. None of them significantly improved my listening experience. A change in headphones provided the first quantum leap in sound enhancement. A dedicated headphone amplifier further enhanced my listening experience. You do not need to spend a ton of money to enjoy high quality music throug hheadphones. Forget the Cmoy and look to a better quality headphone as you first major upgrade.

Thanks for the advice. I am looking at some IEMs now. I'm leaning towards Livewires. Any advice there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back