CLOSED
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #271 of 313
Jun 28, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #272 of 313
This is really sad. This list was really helpful to give everyone a good starting point for researching all these numerous dongles that have been popping up on the market in the last few years.

Jun 28, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #273 of 313
Hi @OspreyAndy

I have read the post from the beginning and I want to thank you for the excellent work you have done. It has helped me decide when to buy some equipment and tell you that you have been completely right (S9 Pro). I want to encourage you and ask you to continue with your hobby and above all to share it with the hobbyists who follow you.

The world is made this way and you can never avoid people who are envious, who instead of adding only want to subtract and create problems, do not give up ...... and continue with what you like. You have done no harm to anyone

A hug and best wishes

Jun 28, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #275 of 313
Wait! You let a comment from someone who doesn't matter to cause you to take down all your work and make all of those who followed it suffer?

I brought the s9 pro from your recommendations and it is awesome. I, like many others, didn't know where to start. There are just too many choices.

And I disagree with that fool. Price isn't correlated to sound quality. That's just the placebo effect on him. So someone makes a dongle and gives it a price based off how they think it sounds? But what if it sounds worst to someone else? I can sell crap and charge a lot for it and he wouldn't know the difference.
I'm sorry, but you don't always get what you paid for.

I returned the clairvoyance iem and kept the ikko oh10. Why? Because they were equals in sound quality to me (did things better than the other) but the clairvoyance was uncomfortable as hell and a pain to get a permanent seal and several times more expensive.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #276 of 313
@OspreyAndy Everyone is entitled to their opinion - why is yours less valid than this other persons? Your postings have helped a lot of us narrow down a large field into a number of contenders. I take anyone's review with a pinch of salt. That's a given!

Jun 29, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #277 of 313
I have decided to withdraw all of my impressions from this thread and anywhere else.
This comment from the moderators of https://www.audioreviews.org/ made me realized that I am indeed seeking popularity.

I did this for fun and this no longer feels fun to me.
For proper audio recommendations, you guys can get expert advises from the folks of www.audioreviews.org

Thanks for your support. I had fun with my adventure and I have found the dongles I wanted. Cheers
I'm no one... but even if it worth nothing... You got my highest respect, Sir...

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #278 of 313
Solute to Andy with this picture. Thanks for your effort. I can prove your review now.
1624949968834.png

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #279 of 313
Got my x1. Unfortunately the cable iOS is faulty. Dead. Two phones. Nothing. Not even register for the phone that something is plugged in. Luckily I have an alternative. It’s pretty good. It’s a shame there is nothing to indicate the bitrate. Sounds good though. Now I have the pain of going back to the seller for a replacement cable. Seems to be getting a little warm at the lightning port. Hopefully it’s not an issue. Time will tell.

edit. It’s so loud. I can only use it at the lowest phone volume. I need to try out some others but my S8F are really REALLY loud.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #281 of 313
On the other hand...when somebody exposes himself like we reviewers do, we have to take a lot of criticism, some justified, some not. We even have to take abuse.

I don't understand quitting when a single guy acts crazy.

Jun 29, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #282 of 313
@OspreyAndy went in and got A&k, cspro and went on and experiment with another dongle thanks to you. What was the A&k flaw? Did you got to use it with your iPhone? I got ddhifi tc28i though I don’t know if it will fit… did you end up pairing the 2? I wish you tested orb’s lightning adapters and ddhifi coming series…

Jul 1, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #284 of 313
I have decided to withdraw all of my impressions from this thread and anywhere else.
This comment from the moderators of https://www.audioreviews.org/ made me realized that I am indeed seeking popularity.

I did this for fun and this no longer feels fun to me.
For proper audio recommendations, you guys can get expert advises from the folks of www.audioreviews.org

Thanks for your support. I had fun with my adventure and I have found the dongles I wanted. Cheers
Not sure whether I said it before but Larry Fulton/KopiOkaya is NOT an admin/mod at https://www.facebook.com/groups/audioreviews, the site where the offensive post had been placed. He has not been for quite a while. And, like Andy, Larry has withdrawn from all groups.

I have removed the offensive post in the meantime as it was highly inappropriate.

Coincidentally, I had posted that red banner below in the group 2 days before this "dongle crisis".

I am reviewer myself and am aware that one needs thick skin to prevail. Some students at Leeds University had a sign on their door: "It is never too late to quit".

Not sure whether quitting is the right philosophy.

I hope Andy has saved his work and will repost it after having gained strength again.

Anyway, https://www.facebook.com/groups/audioreviews is unjustly attacked in this thread, which led to 150 new members in 3 days.

Fine with me as we are cool dudes :).

modes.jpg

personal attacks-2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #285 of 313
Not sure whether I said it before but Larry Fulton/KopiOkaya is NOT an admin/mod at https://www.facebook.com/groups/audioreviews, the site where the offensive post had been placed. He has not been for quite a while. And, like Andy, Larry has withdrawn from all groups.

I have removed the offensive post in the meantime as it was highly inappropriate.

Coincidentally, I had posted that red banner below in the group 2 days before this "dongle crisis".

I am reviewer myself and am aware that one needs thick skin to prevail. Some students at Leeds University had a sign on their door: "It is never too late to quit".

Not sure whether quitting is the right philosophy.

I hope Andy has saved his work and will repost it after having gained strength again.

Anyway, https://www.facebook.com/groups/audioreviews is unjustly attacked in this thread, which led to 150 new members in 3 days.

Fine with me as we are cool dudes :).

Is this some sort of a promotion of that "misfortunate" group and your resource here??

Enough harm was done already by the hyperoverinflated egos and pretense... :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back