Closed phones with similar sound to Senn 555?
Nov 19, 2008 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

orangehole

Head-Fier
I really love my Sennheiser 555's but the wife complains she can hear my music so i want a closed set with zero sound leakage with a similar sound to my 555's. I listen to mostly rock/metal/acoustic so Bass is not that important. I like a clean crisp sound.

Senn 280pro?
ATH A700?
Beyer 770t?

Something in the $150 range works for me

Thanks guys

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 7
I tried some cheapo IEMs to try out how I liked jamming the rubber in my ear and they sounded ok but were not very comfortable so I prefer sticking with a full size headphone. Looks are not important to me.

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #4 of 7
If I were going to get a closed phone, it would be the AKG K271 hands down. And if you get velour pads, they're even better. They've got a gorgeous midrange, and don't have boomy bass, which is more than most closed phones can boast. moreover, they are fairly well balanced- nothing sticks out at you- which is more than most phones in general can say...

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #5 of 7
in that price not many Closed headphones can give u same soundstage of HD555

How about D1001? someone had recommended them to me as an alternative to HD555

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #6 of 7
Yes the Denon 1000 is also on my list. I may just give those a chance. So many choices out there and I don't want to be dissapointed with a poor choice only to find out that my Senn 555's are still better. I am relying on all of the tips from knowledgable forum members since i cannot listen before i buy.
Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back