CLOSED (moved)
Oct 22, 2008 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RipRapRob

Head-Fier
WRONG FORUM - REPOSTED IN HEADPHONES (FULL SIZE)

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/clo...eisers-374639/

Sorry!

Hi all

I've just ordered a new MP3-player - Sansa Fuze 8 Gb - and now I'm worried that I've bought the wrong headphones for them:

I just got a pair of Sennheiser HD555 - my 3rd pair of Sennheisers - and I really like them: The sound is great and the comfort fantastic.

One drawback: People next to me can hear what I'm listening to, due to the open design.

That's OK by me, but I'll probably drive people around me nuts, so I think I have to exchange the HD555 for a closed set.

Being that the HD555 is my first pair of open headphones, it kind of surprised me, how much of the music you can hear on the 'outside' - yes, I should have known better
frown.gif

So which closed design Sennheisers should I choose instead? Here is what I'm looking for:
  1. SQ like (or better than
    biggrin.gif
    ) the HD555
  2. Pricerange like the HD555 (or up to ~10-20% more)
  3. heavy duty cord - preferable replaceable (one of my Sennheisers has a really thin cord - I prefer the thickness of the HD555's)
  4. preferable 3.5 mm plug (so I dont have to use an adapter when using my MP3-player)

I chose the HD555 for its great sound and the circumaural design. I like the circumaural design, but that seems to go hand in hand with open headphones - or is that just Sennheiser?

Thank you for your time and help.

Oct 22, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 4
I should add: The music I listen to spans from modern rock/pop (mostly) and some hard rock/light metal over 60s rock to a little classical and opera. Somewhere in between something a little more experimental like Kate Bush and electronic.

I've been looking at the HD 280 Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back