1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

[CLOSED]Metrum Flint NOS & JDS OL DACs

Next

Last
Trader History (10)
  1. MohawkUS
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    • Anywhere
    For your consideration:
    Metrum Flint NOS DAC $340
    JDS OL DAC USB Edition $70
    Or both for $400
    Shipping included to lower 48. Ask about international shipping.

DACs come with original packaging/accessories.

These two are complete opposites of one another, funny having them both here together. Hardly recognize my system switching between them.
    To further clarify, the OL is a tight detail focused sound whereas the Flint leads with warm density. Despite the OL being a more analytic sound it resolves less instrument timbre(color) than does the Flint; however the OL presents the more stable soundstage where the Flint can be flustered by some genres.

PicsArt_08-24-08.56.31.jpg

On the topic of trades I'd be willing to trade for other DACs, I'm willing to throw in money for the right upgrade. I have a blind spot in my listening portfolio of a higher end AKM/Sabre DAC implementation, that's what I'm looking for.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  2. zfisch1
    Pm'ed about the Flint

3. MohawkUS
    Bump, both still available.

4. MohawkUS
    Bump

5. MohawkUS
    bump

6. MohawkUS
    Bump. $375 shipped on the flint

7. skor
    Is the Flint still available?

8. MohawkUS
    The Flint will be back from Z Reviews this week, I sent it out for review

9. SlingBlade
    Interesting. Will there be a thread with impressions?

10. MikeW
    Z reviews.. worthless. Should have sent it to someone who can actually review. He can't even get the name of the product right in the youtube title.. guys a real tool and says stupid **** all the time. I found his tone control video hilarious. Comparing 2 (Subjective and LokI) analog tone controls to a digital tone control/sound card... not even remotely comparable. totally different products.. what an idiot. He dident have an amazon affiliate link for Subjective and Loki on hand is the real reason he prefered that pos miniDsp

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  11. MohawkUS
    Bump & price drop

12. skor
    I ended up purchasing the Metrum Flint from Anjo (CEO Metrum Acoustics, great guy) and upgraded to the DAC TWO modules. In my opinion, now it sounds just like the Amethyst with classic house Metrum sound. At $350 no brainer for entry level Metrum NOS DAC. GLWS!

13. MohawkUS
    Bump. I can do $330 shipped on the Flint.

14. UginK
    Good Day MohawkUS. Flint still available? Can you post to Australia? Can you make price $320, I'll pay shipping fee on top? Payment thru PayPal. Thank you.
    Regards, Eugene.

15. MohawkUS
    Bump. OL DAC now available.

Next

Last