Closed headphones with forward mids and vocals.
May 24, 2015 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

southpaul20

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,
I'm looking at getting a new pair of headphones and was seeing if anyone could offer some suggestions.  I love forward mids and vocals on my headphones.
Does anyone know of a good closed pair up to $300?

Right now I'm looking at v-moda xs and Sony MDR-1R and -1A, any opinion on them would be great.
I tried the v-moda m100s out and the mids and vocals were too recessed for my taste.

Thanks for the help!

May 24, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #2 of 6
  Hey everyone,
I'm looking at getting a new pair of headphones and was seeing if anyone could offer some suggestions.  I love forward mids and vocals on my headphones.
Does anyone know of a good closed pair up to $300?

Right now I'm looking at v-moda xs and Sony MDR-1R and -1A, any opinion on them would be great.
I tried the v-moda m100s out and the mids and vocals were too recessed for my taste.

Thanks for the help!

I'd look into Audio Technicas, their sound is generally vocal based with a few exceptions in the $100-200 range. I would consider an ATH-ES10. There are third party sellers on Amazon that have them new for about $290. They are one of my all time favorite portables.

May 24, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #3 of 6
I'd look into Audio Technicas, their sound is generally vocal based with a few exceptions in the $100-200 range. I would consider an ATH-ES10. There are third party sellers on Amazon that have them new for about $290. They are one of my all time favorite portables.

+

ATH-MSR7 would be another to look into.

May 24, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #4 of 6
Guess I'll also third audio-technica, though I don't know which of their current production cans I'd recommend (I know their vintage cans better).

I like the Sonys (1R and 1A) and think they're fine for vocals and mids, I wouldn't say that's their forte though.  They don't bring the sexy, velvety smooth richness to the mids that I've heard from other cans.  I'd put their mids at about average, maybe just slightly above average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back