Closed headphones for a mixture of genres..
Jun 19, 2011 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Liquid77

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Thought I'd seek some advice as there's a lot of choice, and a lot of headphones that considered real good so here goes!

I'm looking for closed back headphones that don't leak much and preferably will work well with a mixture of genres - by that I mean anything from metal to classical to electronic - but if I had to choose what my main genre was - it would probably be metal.

My budget is £200/$320 tops, with or without amp and I'll most likely be listening from my PC front panel output (I use Klipsch Image S4s for music on my phone - love 'em).

I recall using ATH-T44s many years ago and remembering them to this day as the best headphones I've used - and my current set is a Creative Fatality Gaming headset - which I haven't used in months as I prefer listening to my earphones - so I should think whatever I get now will be a new experience... something I want as I spend so much of my time listening to music!

Jun 19, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
Hi all,

Thought I'd seek some advice as there's a lot of choice, and a lot of headphones that considered real good so here goes!

I'm looking for closed back headphones that don't leak much and preferably will work well with a mixture of genres - by that I mean anything from metal to classical to electronic - but if I had to choose what my main genre was - it would probably be metal.

My budget is £200/$320 tops, with or without amp and I'll most likely be listening from my PC front panel output (I use Klipsch Image S4s for music on my phone - love 'em).

I recall using ATH-T44s many years ago and remembering them to this day as the best headphones I've used - and my current set is a Creative Fatality Gaming headset - which I haven't used in months as I prefer listening to my earphones - so I should think whatever I get now will be a new experience... something I want as I spend so much of my time listening to music!

Those were my exact first IEMs and I had almost exactly the same budget when deciding on a closed headphone for Metal. Creepy..

I went for the Denon D2000, and it was without a doubt the best choice. I suggest you do the same
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back