closed Headphones for a 3rd generation ipod touch
Nov 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

HiHatZ

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm new to this forum i'd like to buy some cans for my ipod, and i'm thinking about 3 different ones with a low impedance :
-the akg k271 mkII (pros : detachable cable; cons : i've heard that there wasn't enought basses for lots of reviewers)
-the beyerdynamic DT 770 pro (the 80 or the 32 ohms version) (pros : good soundstage; cons : 80 ohms is a bit high for an ipod touch ? and some people say that the quality's better a looot better if you run it through an amp)
-the shure SRH840
Or if you have any other suggestions from other brands such as sennheiser or ultrasone, something more adapted to an ipod.
I'm looking for something that sounds really good (max 200 euros)
I listen to lots of kind of music (house, electro, rock, metal, classical, prog rock, ...)
Thank you in advance (please be fast ) :)

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hello, I'm new to this forum i'd like to buy some cans for my ipod, and i'm thinking about 3 different ones with a low impedance :
-the akg k271 mkII (pros : detachable cable; cons : i've heard that there wasn't enought basses for lots of reviewers)
-the beyerdynamic DT 770 pro (the 80 or the 32 ohms version) (pros : good soundstage; cons : 80 ohms is a bit high for an ipod touch ? and some people say that the quality's better a looot better if you run it through an amp)
-the shure SRH840
Or if you have any other suggestions from other brands such as sennheiser or ultrasone, something more adapted to an ipod.
I'm looking for something that sounds really good (max 200 euros)
I listen to lots of kind of music (house, electro, rock, metal, classical, prog rock, ...)
Thank you in advance (please be fast ) :)

Heya,

Ultrasone  HFI 580
AKG K167
AudioTechnica A900X

Very best,

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #3 of 3
thanks mate :)
but i've heard that HFI 580 had a V-shaped spectrum
first time i see tiesto's headphones signature they look amazing !
are they neutral, do they have a large soundstage ?
thanks for being fast on the reply :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back