Closed Headphones above HD-600?
Jan 1, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by glawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CD3000, harder to find a pair though

I don't find my CD3000's to block out all that much noise (certainly more than my old HD600's and K701's, however) in all actuality. They surely isolate you quite well once you turn up the volume, and they keep noise from escaping alright I suppose, but I don't think they should be seen as an "isolating" can.

That said, I can't complain about the sound.
3000smile.gif
I'd say there's definite bass and treble attenuation going on, but at the end of the day it's one of the most lively, immersible and musical sound signatures I've ever heard in a headphone. Mine, of course, have been modified a fair bit, so my statement should be taken with quite a large grain of salt.

Jan 1, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottiebabie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as an ex HD600 fanboy, i'd say Ultrasone Proline 750 FTW. my PL750 is begining its 300+hrs of burn-in and alls i can say is its at the very least (its better in my opinion) technically as proficient as the HD600 but the PL750 excels in the other areas that HD600 dont.

on top of being closed the PL750s S-logic brings an gradoish excitement to the music that i've always felt the Senns lacked. soundstage is at least as wide but with a slightly different interpretation (due to S-Logic im assuming). the PL750's bass is deeper and has better PRaT IMO. its also wayyy easy to drive (sounds pretty decent outta a RSA Tomahawk if u can believe that) and folds up nicely to make it semi-portable at the very least.

cons? well isolation isnt up to DJ'in standards, comfort isnt the greatest (on par with HD6x0s imo) and the PL750s will punish substandard sources. O and be prepared for a hell of a rollercoaster ride in the requisite 400hrs or so of burn-in. otherwise its pretty much all good in my books.

the PL750s for $250-300 (i paid $250 + shipping FWIW) is a great deal but ofcos if i were u and have the moolah, i'd get the Ed9s. another viable choice is the Denon D5k - from a 20 min encounter driven by a Hornet, i'd say it definetly grooves with a biggg bass (PL750s bass is similiar in slam but better in quality IMO) and is due worth consideration. the AT W5k is a cut of a different cow and is more of a supplement rather than a replacement.

I am totally in agreement with scottiebabie's opinion for Ultrasone Proline 750 to be an excellent replacement for the HD600. The pros and cons regarding the 750 is accurately explained by scottiebabie, and I would like to add that the price for the 750 is extremely affordable considering its pure high-end audio quality. You won't regret it a bit. And Happy New Year!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back