Closed headphone recommendations needed!!
Jun 8, 2004 at 7:30 PM Post #17 of 28
I liked the Ultrasones HFI-650 Trackmaster for rock when I heard them. They've got enough bass .. the HFi-700 might have too much, though. But both are great for rocking out
wink.gif

-Taurui

Jun 9, 2004 at 4:05 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurui
They've got enough bass .. the HFi-700 might have too much, though.

Trust me, they don't. There's quite a bit, but it doesn't bleed into the midrange, and the powerful low bass is just incredible. An experience I will surely miss whenever I decide to sell them.

Jun 11, 2004 at 2:19 AM Post #20 of 28
well I was all set to order the A900 when I realized that since I'll be living in a dorm room, i'm probably not going to be able to have speakers, so I may be able to throw down 250-300 now for a pair of new cans. Is there anything Signiifcantly better than the A900s in this price range, or is just wiser to stick with the A900s??

I'm also wondering just how much sound escapes "open" headphones as compared to closed. On my HD 280 pros, minimal sound escapes and minimal enters, nice! I just dont want EVERYONE hearing my music if I were to choose a pair of open cans, nor do I want people talking near/around me to disturb my music enjoyment. ---- In light of this, should I stick to closed or maybe get a pair of open cans? I'm assuming I could get a better set of open cans for the price as compared to closed, right?

still undecided on this subject ^^, but i'm leaning heavily towards closed since that's waht I originally wanted.

THANKS for your advice
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm hoping to make a purchase ASAP so thanks for quick replies
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2004 at 6:22 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbiac
Is there anything Signiifcantly better than the A900s in this price range, or is just wiser to stick with the A900s??

Emphasis on "significantly better," no. There may be something out there with a sound you prefer to the A900s, but not technically "better." And you can't beat the A900's comfort factor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbiac
I'm also wondering just how much sound escapes "open" headphones as compared to closed.... I'm assuming I could get a better set of open cans for the price as compared to closed, right?

People WILL hear what you're listening to. Expect that with open headphones. And the latter is only true if you have serious issues with the "closed" headphone sound. The A900s play with the big boys.

Closed, comfortable, and unamped (or minimal amping) = A900s.

Now, Closed, unamped, and PORTABLE would be a different story. In this situation I'd recommend the HD-25, having owned the HFI-700.

Jun 11, 2004 at 6:31 AM Post #23 of 28
mtbiac: It's not very good for ampless use, but if you're willing to use your Cmoy amp, I'd recommend to check the Beyerdynamic DT250/250.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jun 11, 2004 at 2:50 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
mtbiac: It's not very good for ampless use, but if you're willing to use your Cmoy amp, I'd recommend to check the Beyerdynamic DT250/250.

I didn't think about that, but that is a very good idea.

Jun 13, 2004 at 3:30 AM Post #28 of 28
I'm in a very simalar situation as you. I like rock as well as playing computer games and watching dvd's. I will be living in a dorm room so I decided on a closed headphone and decided on the A900's which I ordered yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back