Closed Headphone max of 400$
Jul 14, 2011 at 10:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

fealmachado

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, i'm looking for some great headphone with NO sound leaking at all with a great sound isolation, becouse i travel a lot and i dont want to be disturbed and i dont want to disturb other's at all. I like every kind of music and i'm open to sugestions, please help me find what i need :) i have 400$ to spend on a new pair of headphones, i already have Monster Turbines and ATH-AD700. (going to use on my ipod and iphone).
Thanks.

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #2 of 8
I'm afraid that IEMs totally crush closed headphones when it comes to isolation. That said, the Sony MDR-Z1000's isolation from external sounds is pretty good and they don't leak AT ALL. You could easily play at very unreasonable volumes without your neighbor noticing anything.

Besides, they sound awesome and are easy to feed. MSRP is $500, but street rice regularly goes under $400.

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 8
The Pro 900 are amazing for the price and it's offers really wide soundstage like open cans with great isolation. Some others cans are also recommended like ATH-ES10, ESW10, Z1000, Phiaton PS500, Shure 940, FA-003 and QC15.

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #6 of 8
Maybe a Sennheiser PXC-350 or PXC-450?

The active noise canceling just works great in traffic and other noisy places. Even turned off the sound isolation is very good and you can still listen to your music.

Before I bought mine I tried several 'noise canceling' headphones, this one was by far the best choice for me.

I'm not sure if an iPod can drive it without an external amp. Did anyone tested that yet?

Jul 14, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Hey guys, i'm looking for some great headphone with NO sound leaking at all with a great sound isolation, becouse i travel a lot and i dont want to be disturbed and i dont want to disturb other's at all. I like every kind of music and i'm open to sugestions, please help me find what i need :) i have 400$ to spend on a new pair of headphones, i already have Monster Turbines and ATH-AD700. (going to use on my ipod and iphone).
Thanks.

Heya,

Sennheiser PCX-450's (the second revison); only $244 shipped from Amazon right now. With the rest of your budget, get yourself a portable amp (their sensitivity is 108db and I think 150ohm impedance, but double check that). You could drive with an E7, Nuforce, V1, iBasso, etc, no problem. The headphone is rather neutral.

Very best,

Jul 14, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #8 of 8
ATH-M50. You'll save a bundle, they isolate very well, fold, are relatively lightweight, come with a carry bag, have relatively good sound, and are easily powered.
They are not the best out there (I think they sound very good...especially for the price), but they're for travel, right? They are made for portability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back