Closed Cans Suggestions
Oct 20, 2019 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

rotaspeed

Head-Fier
Hey there Head-Fi

So I have been looking around for a pair of closed cans that I can enjoy just watching movies and stuff while I work while also being able to provide me the enjoyment of listening to music. As of right now I am using the DT770s with the towel mod and some angeled pads and they provide me with a very decent sound with all the bass I could want from my edm(hardstyle) music. I am willing to spend anywhere below 500 bucks on a set of cans so please send me your suggestions! Thanks a bunch for the help!

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 9
Meze 99 Classics are still a good option.

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 9
Whats the problem with the headband?

If you wear the D7200 for some hours, the headband will cause some pressure on the top of your head. Its right in the middle, because the headband rests a bit more centric on top. I could be more sensitive to this kind of pressure. But i felt it every time i wore them for longer listening sessions.

Oct 23, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #9 of 9
I have tried the 900 mk2s and they didnt tickle my fancy I dont know why. How similar would the x00s sound to the 900s?
They sound...related. x00's have much better tonal balance. Th900 has notorious treble issues. However better tonal balance is the only thing x00's have over th900.

I prefer th900 over most open back headphones that cost as much. Of course thats just me. Big bass and spaciouss soundstage are very important for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back