Closed-Black Headphones!
Feb 19, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 6
Hi
What kind of sound signature do you prefer? do you have a dedicated headphone amp/dac or will you be using a portable device such as a DAP to power the headphones?

EDIT: here are a couple recommendations from me, anyways :wink:
Beyerdynamic T5P; Soundstage and imaging is the best i've heard for a closed back headphone. It has very accurate bass with some slam. Midrange has lots of detail. The level of high frequency detail that can be heard in recordings is imo extremely impressive.
Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart; Strong bass/sub-bass though not overpowering. very natural, warm mid's with lots of detail. Very crisp, clear high frequencies with lots of detail.

IMO as far as closed back headphones go - it doesn't really get much better than those 2.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 6
Hi
What kind of sound signature do you prefer? do you have a dedicated headphone amp/dac or will you be using a portable device such as a DAP to power the headphones?

Beyerdynamic T5P; Soundstage and imaging is the best i've heard for a closed back headphone. It has very accurate bass with some slam. Midrange has lots of detail. The level of high frequency detail that can be heard in recordings is imo extremely impressive.
Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart; Strong bass/sub-bass though not overpowering. very natural, warm mid's with lots of detail. Very crisp, clear high frequencies with lots of detail.

IMO as far as closed back headphones go - it doesn't really get much better than those 2.

I own the Schitt Fulla 2 and a Fiio (portable). Thank you for these recommendations!!!

Feb 20, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #5 of 6
Hi

Is there a cheaper alternative to the Beyerdynamic T5P by any chance? lol

Feb 21, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #6 of 6
A cheaper alternative to the T5P would be the Beyerdynamic T70. The T70 is likely one of the best headphones anyone can buy in terms of price to performance ratio. Your Shiit Fulla and Fiio will provide plenty of power to the T70. One thing to note is that many people find this headphone to be too bright sounding and uncomfortable with the stock pads. In my experience, swapping the stock pads for T5P one's makes the sound much more balanced and neutral.
Hope I could help.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back