Closed-back sidegrade for Q701
Oct 15, 2014 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kazaakas

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi,

I'm currently a satisfied owner of a Titanium HD, Matrix M-Stage and a Q701.
I've had this setup for two years now and it's been truly great.
I listened to a lot of rock, folk, prog and acoustic music with this setup and it always sounds super nice.
However, the past few months I've been listening more electronic music as well. Mainly goa/psytrance stuff.
I'd like to buy a nice closed-back headphone that has a more bassy/pounding sound, while still having some clarity as well, just to use for electronic music.
The DAC and amp I have are both known to be very warm sounding, and this always complemented the bright AKG Q701's very well.
I'm wondering though if there are any closed-back headphones out there for about $250 max (I could spend less as well.... :wink:) that would probably work well for goa music with my current warm gear (the TiHD and the M-stage).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Oct 15, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #3 of 6
D2K might be what you're looking for if you can find them at the price. Only problem I can think of is their somewhat poor isolation, but other than that they're fantastic for the price.

Oct 15, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #4 of 6
KNS8400 has some similar tonal qualities. You'll probably need to replace the noisy stock cable. Best luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back