Closed back phones
Jul 7, 2011 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cornerska

New Head-Fier
Hello Everyone,

I am having a terrible time sifting through all of my options for phones/amps. As such I have turned here to see if anyone could offer some solutions to my situation. I have been using Klipsch s4's for over a year now and I'm looking to upgrade to some mid-range cans. I will mainly be using these at home, however I would like to be able to take them on the go to school and on trips. I mostly listen to techno, ska, and big band jazz. I'm willing to spend somewhere in the range of $500 for cans and amp/dac. I understand that the music genres I have listed cover a broad range and that I'll have to give up detail in certain areas, I'll be fine with that.  That's about all, so if anyone could please help me make sense of what would be good, and what would not I would greatly appreciate that.

Much Thanks,
CornerSka

Jul 7, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 3
Sony MDR-7509HD - Great cans, balanced sound to handle anything you'd like to listen to, closed, legendary comfort, loved by producers $180
FiiO E7+E9 combo - Great amp and DAC, one desktop and portable and best if together $230
Sansa Clip+ - for portable with E7 if you want $40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back