Closed back headphones with no sound leak recommendations?
Oct 4, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #2 of 28
Might as well go for ANC if noise reduction is of concern. Closed backs don't reduce low frequencies all that well. Not like ER4 iem which the isolation is comparable to the best ANC full sized headphones.

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #6 of 28
Hey all, I need help I am looking for high quality ($500-$1000) closed back headphones, that don't leak at all. I need a pair for my office, for long term comfort. Any help would be appreciated

I really like my MrSpeakers Alpha Primes, sometimes you can find used ones or the alpha dogs or mad dogs.

The newer MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Closed are in your price range

The fostex/massdrop th-900s or 600s should be good

Audio technica msr7 and Monoprice m565c are a little cheaper but good performers.

Oppo pm3

E-Mu, Meze, zmf make nice closed cans.

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #7 of 28
I really like my MrSpeakers Alpha Primes, sometimes you can find used ones or the alpha dogs or mad dogs.

The newer MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Closed are in your price range

The fostex/massdrop th-900s or 600s should be good

Audio technica msr7 and Monoprice m565c are a little cheaper but good performers.

Oppo pm3

E-Mu, Meze, zmf make nice closed cans.

I have Aeons and Emu's and while I love them both, they leak. The Pm3's I owned those already. So I am still looking. May have to step up the audeze. I just don't have anywhere to test them, and I would hate to spend that much $$ and have them leak too

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #8 of 28
I have Aeons and Emu's and while I love them both, they leak. The Pm3's I owned those already. So I am still looking. May have to step up the audeze. I just don't have anywhere to test them, and I would hate to spend that much $$ and have them leak too

Ah. They did the testing for you!

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeEL8Closed.pdf

The aeon closed leaked to much? Thats crazy... http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MrSpeakersAeonsnACXB168.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/OppoPM3.pdf

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #10 of 28
Right... i would assume isolation goes both ways though unless theres active noise cancelling.

Oct 4, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #11 of 28
False equivalency. Keeping external sound out so you can hear the headphone producing sound, is not the same as producing the least sound possible to a quiet exterior. Quite obviously, the headphone sound will mask a lot of intruding sound, while quiet places will reveal the teensiest disturbance.

Oct 4, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #12 of 28
False equivalency. Keeping external sound out so you can hear the headphone producing sound, is not the same as producing the least sound possible to a quiet exterior. Quite obviously, the headphone sound will mask a lot of intruding sound, while quiet places will reveal the teensiest disturbance.

Gotcha!
tenor.gif

Oct 4, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #13 of 28
Oct 4, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #15 of 28
So I played (can't get much more leak proned than that xD) on my Alpha Primes. At as loud as I could bare to listen to it they were audible, but dropping the volume 2 steps to more comfortable levels they were inaudible from a foot away.

Those headphones are closed back and have thick sheepskin pads if that helps compare to something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back