1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Closed back headphone recommendations for fun listening to music

1. amirraouf7
    Hi Guys,

I'm new both to the site and also in audio.

I am looking for a closed back headphone for fun listening to music, nothing critical but I would like it to be as close to what audiophiles would describe as a great headphone without loosing the fun part and perhaps I should mention I do like the sound signature to be on the warm side.

For Amp I do own a Chord Mojo only.

Headphone I do own an Audeze LCD2 Classic which I pretty like, and also an Audio Technica ATH-M50X which I don't use for listening to music at all and I don't really like it's sound signature.

I also own an in ear Shure SE535 which I really don't like and planning to get rid of.

I would appreciate any suggestions for a closed back preferably under $1000 ( I've been thinking about Sony MDR Z7) as well as an in ear.

Thanks
    Amir

2. Rhamnetin
    I recommend the ZMF Ori. Don't worry about it not being fully closed back, it isolates just like one. I have both it and the fully sealed ZMF Blackwood: they each provide me the same level of isolation, and people right next to me can't hear a thing with either one. I've also used both with my Chord Mojo, and the end result is pleasing even if not as good as a good desktop setup.

Essentially if you were to take Audeze's house sound and remove the upper mid/lower treble recession that makes vocals, pianos, and other things sound odd, then you've got something like the ZMF Ori/Blackwood. So someone who likes Audeze should like the ZMFs. I reviewed the Ori here on Head-Fi:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/zmf-headphones-omni.20855/reviews

The Ori and the Blackwood are also the two best closed-backs I have ever listened to, after all I decided on them when trying to find myself the best closed-back headphone possible (having also tried the Audeze LCD-XC, MrSpeakers Ether-C, many others). Though I have not listened to the ZMF Eikon yet, but that is over your price range anyway.

amirraouf7 likes this.
  3. amirraouf7
    Thank you so very much, I'm going to read your review right away.

4. serman005
    I highly recommend a Campfire Audio Cascade. It is just terrific. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It might work.

5. amirraouf7
    Thanks, I actually had a look but there weren't many reviews on youtube (at least from the people I know and trust) yet and I didn't have a look here as I just joined but it looked pretty interesting!