1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Closed Back Grado SR80i

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by william007, Jul 13, 2012.
2 3
Next

Last
  1. William007
    Hello i was wondering if anybody ever tried to make a grado closed? If so how does it sound?

2. tzjin
    Cup your hand over the back of the SR80i [​IMG]

3. obobskivich

Yeah I'm sure someone has.

Not good.

Generally closing open-back headphones does not end well. :xf_eek:

4. GL1TCH3D
    Just by covering the back of the Sr325i with my hand, the sound changed drastically for the worse.

5. alv4426
    ^^^Same for 225i, and the RS2i (when I had them)

6. obobskivich
    It makes my RS-1's sound worse than my KPH7s to cover them up - to give a more direct impression. Great way to waste $690. :wink:

7. William007
    Haha okay guys :) thanks :p

8. GL1TCH3D
    There were rumours that grado were making a closed back but nothing more than that, rumours (a guy sent a message to them and they responded by saying they had one in the works)

9. William007
    I'll be (waisting a pair of grado's) trying to test it i'll use wood cups, i'll post some pictures but it would be for in 1 month :p

10. GL1TCH3D

Good luck. I would go with a pair of sr60i if you're going to waste them.

11. William007
    i'll buy them if i can find them. i'll also put a new headband on it, new earcups, new cable,..;

12. sml1226
    Somebody made a pair "semi-open" by putting something behind the grill that was not solid, not sure what it was, but it was similar to felt. They liked it, but I'm not sure what other mods had been done, and I'm not sure if anybody else tried it later.

13. William007
    i'll be the first one :) and what's the difference between the sr80i and SR60i?

14. Dubstep Girl
    the sr80i has slightly more bass and is just a little better overall,, theres also slight build quality improvements as you go up the line. i think the 80 and the 60 are the same tho in build quality

15. William007
    Okay but would it be interesting to close a grado?

2 3
Next

Last