Closed Back ~$400 Options
Feb 10, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #17 of 19
I'll add a +1 for the Nightowls, I loved mine and regret selling them

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to share your thoughts. I took delivery of the Audioquest Night owls today. Initial thoughts are excellent overall though male vocals tend to get somewhat muddled.

I've never been a believer in the concept of break-in ---always attributing any change to the user getting acclimated to the sound. That said, I'll follow the directions and give these things 150 hours (6 1/4 days!!) constant break-in.

Feb 10, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #18 of 19
If you have a balanced source, I would highly recommend picking up a Loxjie P20 and either a set of GE JAN 5670 or Western Electric 396a(can be expensive so this would depend on the price at the time) tubes for it. The 5670s really bring the clarity of the highs and vocals to another level. The WE 396a add a fantastic bass response on top of the aforementioned changes. Congrats on the new headphones!

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #19 of 19
I would try the B&O h6 gen 2. Its got great enjoyable sound. Passive isolation is good with very to almost no sound leak. And its made from materials that wont fail. Ive had mine 2 years now. Not 1 fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back