Clip Zip 'Sport' 16Gb ?
Feb 9, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #47 of 216

my guess is 16 gb was probably $60?

Oh yes!!! We can hope now, can't we??? 
popcorn.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #53 of 216
  no mention of the 16gb. disappointing.

Agreed. It was the prospective bump in internal capacity that had me most interested in the Clip Zip Sport. Getting better battery life and a slightly larger (but hardly better resolution) screen than the Zip is nice, but not enough to make me pounce without the opportunity for an extra 8GB of overall space.

Interestingly, a poster on the SanDisk forums claims this device is MSC only, with no combined database of the internal and external memories. If so, that's quite the departure from years of previous SanDisk players, but perhaps they couldn't formulate a way to cut down the absurdly long database creation and decided to drop the feature altogether...

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #54 of 216
If anyone is interested here is a shot with the Clip+.

Have to say it is lighter than the Clip+.
The side controls are the same between the two.
Easier navigation with the Sport (bigger display) Dont know yet if the bigger display will drain the battery faster?
Took out the micro-SD from the Clip+ and put it in the Sport, the sound feels the same. (even though the Clip+ has more hours on it)

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #55 of 216
  If anyone is interested here is a shot with the Clip+. 

*snap*

Could you post some pictures with the powered on device ? Iam really interested in the screen quality.

no mention of the 16gb. disappointing.

On the french amazon you can get the 16gb version for around 150$.

Edit: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00HCMZ61W/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=network-media

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #56 of 216

Could you post some pictures with the powered on device ? Iam really interested in the screen quality.

Fonts on the Clip+ are much better than the new Sport.
Also since Clip+ doesnt have artwork, the Sport artwork with preloaded files look nice but with files with itunes artwork it looks heavily condensed and 'squished' (if that makes any sense.
Also the sound is up with the Clip+.
The stock earphones have a fantastic flat cable and sounds better than the Clip+ stock earphone.

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #59 of 216
50 bucks? I'll get a used or refurbished clip zip for 20 And go buy a 64gb card.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #60 of 216
  Any chance you can open it and take a picture of the insides?

I'm no expert opening things and doubt it will look like new after :)
50 bucks? I'll get a used or refurbished clip zip for 20 And go buy a 64gb card.

You can use (if you have) reward certificates and bring the price down to zero if you have enough of them. I used a couple and got it down to half!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back