Clip+, Zip, or what else?
Jun 5, 2013 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Verisakeet

New Head-Fier
I've decided it's time to upgrade my Majestic mp3 reader.
Browsing the forum I've seen many users praising the Sansa(s), but I've read Rockbox, 7 months ago, wasn't pretty stable on the Zip.

1 -  Has rockbox released a firmware that runs fine on the Zip ?

2 -  Sometimes, all of sudden while listening to your reader you want to listen to a particular song. Which, between the clip+ and the zip, makes it easier to browse among the songs? Does the wider screen of the zip help at this? 

3 -  Is the clip resistant or it broke down for someone?

4   Last but not least: any other good alternative that can compare to those 2? 

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
I've decided it's time to upgrade my Majestic mp3 reader.
Browsing the forum I've seen many users praising the Sansa(s), but I've read Rockbox, 7 months ago, wasn't pretty stable on the Zip.

1 -  Has rockbox released a firmware that runs fine on the Zip ?

2 -  Sometimes, all of sudden while listening to your reader you want to listen to a particular song. Which, between the clip+ and the zip, makes it easier to browse among the songs? Does the wider screen of the zip help at this? 

3 -  Is the clip resistant or it broke down for someone?

4   Last but not least: any other good alternative that can compare to those 2? 

1. Yes

2. The Zip screen isn't wider, it's bigger but more square.

But Rockbox is available and recommended for both players, and you can choose various themes which can make it more readable to your own eyes.

3. The clip on the back is built more solidly on the Clip Zip than on the Clip+.

4. Not really, at least in the under $100 range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back