Clip-on???
Jun 16, 2004 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Fido

Head-Fier
Hey

I've been looking for some good clip-on headphones.
I'm looking for something with good sound and good design.
I have looked in some sony's and a single B&O A8.

I like the look of the B&O, but I just wondered if there are any more that i should consider??

Hope you can help me!!

Jun 16, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #7 of 13
B&O may be overpriced, but the design and comfort is so much better than some of the other "plastic" ones...

as i wrote searching for DESIGN and Sound!!!!

Jun 16, 2004 at 9:27 PM Post #8 of 13
Hi Fido,

I'm a designer myself and designed some headsets. Ultimate design is when design is aethetically beautiful, ergonomically comfortable, sonically superior, and solidly built within reasonable cost. But if I have to trade looks versus sound, I go with sound first then looks. It's like have a tv set with less definition and contrast.

Jun 16, 2004 at 9:41 PM Post #9 of 13
BigD,

However, come to think of it, the A8 is the only pair of clip-on phones that haven't hurt my ears at all, it's highly adjustable in a way many other clip phones aren't. I'm also completely comfortable with its durability, it doesn't demand to be pampered like a celebrity. I've owned the KSC35 (sounds good, hurts my ears, can't say much bout durability), the EM7 (almost there), recent Sony and Panasonic models (the Pana's very comfy for $20-30, not US model), and the earliest JVC example (bleep!).

One may not want to pay B&O's MSRP for the A8, but at eBay price levels ($100? 110?) I don't think it's bad value. I've been searching for hotel rooms in NYC - now that's horrible. It's getting more bad rep than it deserves probably because of people creating unrealistic expectations that technology's not going to live up to, and then when they find out they diss the phones. I've done that before and I still see that happen
eggosmile.gif

Edit - in a slightly unrelated nutshell: I just got a pair of D66 eggos. If you can dish out $80-100 for the D66, I don't see why the A8 gets bleepy-hickety-bleepy-hell rep for lower-100's price.

Jun 16, 2004 at 9:49 PM Post #10 of 13
Hi Leon,

these beo satisfies some of the design criteria as I posted before. Absolutely bullet-proof build quality, stunning good looks, fits-like-velvet-glove feel, these all cover many aspects of design. For $160, I think these beo fails the cost versus performance aspect, BUT around $100 I would think again hard.

Jun 16, 2004 at 10:04 PM Post #11 of 13
As for me, I only have about a 15 min. drive to the nearest B&O store...

And I dont think that they will be so expensive as elswhere, because normally I find B&O products to be cheaper in denmark...

But any other sugestions, or should I just get the A8???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back