Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
Zits101909.gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #3 of 30
That is great.

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you know .. its funny to us here and a few other internet forums, but what do you think the general public will read from it?

Zits is a caricature of todays youth right? So maybe they'll read how the ipods and laptops play into the lives of teenagers, i dont know.
tongue.gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you know .. its funny to us here and a few other internet forums, but what do you think the general public will read from it?

I think they'll interpret it as either it was remastered really poorly, or the laptop isn't good enough to blast it. Most likely the first one though, because that's what it seems the comic is trying to say at first glance.

Oct 20, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghigguls /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zits is a caricature of todays youth right? So maybe they'll read how the ipods and laptops play into the lives of teenagers, i dont know.
tongue.gif

When I saw it in the paper yesterday (they carry Zits but dropped Get Fuzzy... grumble grumble) I read it as the author making a point about the differing values of today's youth - they'll spend money on the recording but play it back on a crappy laptop.

Zits is a lot like Marmaduke in that regard. Still much funnier, IMO, but unfortunately about as deep. Example:
Marmaduke's entire point: That big dog does funny things.
Zits' entire point: Teenagers do funny things.

Oct 20, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #9 of 30
I think most people would see it as "not as loud as other records" = "not as good sounding". playing it on a laptop is irrelevant - because they'll just as likely play Californication, or Death Magnetic on it, and those sounded awesome to them.

It's plain these teenagers weren't impressed with the eventual sound - "it is up" was a downer after the initial "Are you kidding?"

It's funny to us, but how many people are concluding "it doesn't sound good"?

Oct 20, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #10 of 30
I also took it as kids being near-deaf nowadays due to listening to compressed music so damn loud.

Oct 20, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #12 of 30
I'm sure most of the ppl I know will go...hahaha the laptop isnt loud enough...or hahaha the beatles cd isnt loud enough....or hahaha...they used uber technology and u cant even hear it...or just...huh I dont get it.....

Oct 20, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure most of the ppl I know will go...hahaha the laptop isnt loud enough...or hahaha the beatles cd isnt loud enough....or hahaha...they used uber technology and u cant even hear it...or just...huh I dont get it.....

They are listening to high-quality remasters on the worst-quality built-in speakers money can afford. That's the joke.

To put it in terms us hi-fi nerds can understand: listening to DSOTM SACD remasters on the cheapest Skullcandy phones through your receiver's headphone out port.

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #15 of 30
I see the obvious one-
The artist is poking fun at how the teenagers try to listen to the supposingly brilliant remaster cds through crappy laptop speakers.
I doubt many people outside of the audiophile circle will see it as anything to do with the loudness war. It might not even be what the artist intended to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back