Clear Tune Monitors' line of Premium Cables is officially available
Aug 22, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #46 of 54
Looking to upgrade the cable that goes between my DX200Ti and Phantom and can't decide between, Ares II 8W, Eros II 8w, or Juba 8.

I want extra sparkle so that I can distinctly make out each hit of the hi hat but still maintain the timbre of the Phantoms or at least go neutral but definitely not cold.

Any recommendations? Do you have a tour coming? What's your return policy?
I was talking with Natemack; I would recommend Okoi; I have Phantom & Prelude, they are both pretty close, but my left Phantom is in repair, part of the shell cracked. Okoi will give that sparkle though it may sounds a little subdued; I think it's because Okoi was less than 10 hours used. But it is slowly opening up and getting tighter. It's a very good sound/quality silver cable and looks so pretty. It will brighten your Phantom, giving better clarity separation at slight expense of timber, also remove perceived veil if you are ok with it. Also, Phantom won't be as thick or warm as with Ares/ Ares II 8W; it will sounds more balanced with lesser warmth.

Here it is:

I think Okoi should play well with Phantom
You’ll get all the advantages described in my short take of Prelude at expense of timbre
I kinda use only right ear Phantom with left ear SE5U; you’ll probably retain 70 % or even more of Phantom timbre
Since you DAP is neutral; I assume it wouldn’t affect much
Okoi is 80% silver with Palladium added so it doesn’t behave like usual silver
Okoi has silver clarity and resolution but it seems sound softer; doesn’t hit as hard but again my cable is only less than 10 hours so it should tighten much better

I did quick compare with original Ares cable; there is no comparison
Oboist is light years ahead of Ares if you value clarity and resolution

However the decision is yours; since I don’t have similar gears as yours I can only make educated guess

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #48 of 54
Does anyone understand the 8 wire pricing?

4 wire copper $160 / 8 wire = $350

4 wire hybrid $180 / 8 wire = $380

4 wire silver alloy $200 / 8 wire = $400

Is terminating 8 wire that more labor intensive given no extra hardware costs?

Aug 31, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #49 of 54
@Clear Tune Monitors you alive? Tagged you in here. 2x PM's. Emailed. I'd like to give you money if you mind responding to me someday...
@Clear Tune Monitors Could you please speak more to your choice of silver alloy ratio.

I'd like to think you tried other ratios and the end result was the Goldilocks ratio : ) Seems silver cables are harder to get right with headgear than they are with 2ch. Makes sense to me due to iem/hps ability to magnify faults considering transducer to ear distance. Some get it right tho and here's hoping Juba and Okoi are the next ones.

Sep 12, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #50 of 54
I was talking with Natemack; I would recommend Okoi; I have Phantom & Prelude, they are both pretty close, but my left Phantom is in repair, part of the shell cracked. Okoi will give that sparkle though it may sounds a little subdued; I think it's because Okoi was less than 10 hours used. But it is slowly opening up and getting tighter. It's a very good sound/quality silver cable and looks so pretty. It will brighten your Phantom, giving better clarity separation at slight expense of timber, also remove perceived veil if you are ok with it. Also, Phantom won't be as thick or warm as with Ares/ Ares II 8W; it will sounds more balanced with lesser warmth.

Here it is:

I think Okoi should play well with Phantom
You’ll get all the advantages described in my short take of Prelude at expense of timbre
I kinda use only right ear Phantom with left ear SE5U; you’ll probably retain 70 % or even more of Phantom timbre
Since you DAP is neutral; I assume it wouldn’t affect much
Okoi is 80% silver with Palladium added so it doesn’t behave like usual silver
Okoi has silver clarity and resolution but it seems sound softer; doesn’t hit as hard but again my cable is only less than 10 hours so it should tighten much better

I did quick compare with original Ares cable; there is no comparison
Oboist is light years ahead of Ares if you value clarity and resolution

However the decision is yours; since I don’t have similar gears as yours I can only make educated guess

Hey @hamhamhamsta ! Appreciate your feedback! Will look into it. I recently bought Penon OS849 from Natemact and thought it made my Phantom a little too bright but did open up the sound and improve clarity. Would you lend me your cable for a while to test out? :p

@Clear Tune Monitors you alive? Tagged you in here. 2x PM's. Emailed. I'd like to give you money if you mind responding to me someday...

Have they replied to you yet? Some companies underestimate the power of good ol' customer interaction in business.

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #51 of 54
Have they replied to you yet? Some companies underestimate the power of good ol' customer interaction in business.
No, and...
giphy.gif

Oct 18, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #52 of 54
a European demo tour would be most welcome , in the market for a copper cable for my Zeus XR

was looking for ares ii but this seems an interesting copper cable

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #53 of 54
I have these cable and can confirm that both sound quality and build quality are top notch. I'm actually surprised there isn't more about them on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back