Clear Tune Monitors CT-6E Elite Flagship Thread
Mar 3, 2015 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

jelt2359

Headphoneus Supremus
Setting up a new thread for the Clear Tune Monitors CT-6E Elite. It's their new flagship. I loved their previous products, and have a CT-6E on order. Anyone else had a chance to try them or ordered them?

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #2 of 78
Looking forward to your review--and comparison with CT-500 if possible.  As much as I don't want to feel like my CT-500s could be bested by another ClearTune product, I'm eager to see how they handle a 6-driver CIEM.  

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #4 of 78
I had a chance to demo the CT6E at the SXSW gear show yesterday.  Was mightily impressed with the expansive sound stage these CIEMs have over my CT-500's, particularly with acoustic music recorded in a small live setting, or in an open recording studio.  I tried a few of my favorite new Blue Note reissues, stuff like Grant Green, Kenny Burrell, and Art Blakey, and all of them sounded fantastic on the CT6E's.  I may have a slight preference for my CT-500s for electronic and rock, but it's probably also just my familiarity with their sound signature.  

If I were buying CTM's for the first time again, I'd be very torn between which to choose.  I might go with the CT6E's over the CT-500s just for the amazing sound stage.  

Also, the folks at CTM are starting to get very creative with their shell designs.  I think they're stepping up their game, having grown a nice presence in the pro audio area and are starting to focus on the audiophile market.  

Mar 21, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #5 of 78
  I had a chance to demo the CT6E at the SXSW gear show yesterday.  Was mightily impressed with the expansive sound stage these CIEMs have over my CT-500's, particularly with acoustic music recorded in a small live setting, or in an open recording studio.  I tried a few of my favorite new Blue Note reissues, stuff like Grant Green, Kenny Burrell, and Art Blakey, and all of them sounded fantastic on the CT6E's.  I may have a slight preference for my CT-500s for electronic and rock, but it's probably also just my familiarity with their sound signature.  

If I were buying CTM's for the first time again, I'd be very torn between which to choose.  I might go with the CT6E's over the CT-500s just for the amazing sound stage.  

Also, the folks at CTM are starting to get very creative with their shell designs.  I think they're stepping up their game, having grown a nice presence in the pro audio area and are starting to focus on the audiophile market.  

Interesting impression. I decided to choose ct500 instead of the ct6e as i would prefer a more mid focussed sound signature. Though i heard that the ct6e sound stage is fabulous. Haha!

Mar 28, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #6 of 78
Ok so I finally got to demo the ct6e from a friend today and wow you can see how surprised I was when I heard it for the first time. That soundstage was so interesting. The ct6e retained the awesome smooth mids of the ct500 albeit a tad recessed but it supplied the mids with a very interesting reverb that gives the overall sound signature a very unique and special feel.

Listening to female vocals on it was such an eye opener, the vocals was lifted and it just seems to envelop you! If you think the UERM soundstage was unique wait till you try the ct6e...

And well this means that I will have another iem coming with my ct500 LOL.

Mar 29, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #7 of 78
Good stuff. I wonder if more people will get to hear them at canjam and chime in.

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #8 of 78
Subed Im on the market for some CIEMs and Clear tune monitors has had my interest for some time now. Im looking forward to your in-depth comparison on the CT-500 vs CT-6E as im on the fence for them. I have a good idea on the sound sig for the CT-500 but impressions on the CT-6E are non existent outside of this thread. Cant wait for your impressions and great work!
popcorn.gif

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #9 of 78
ZzmadzZ will have to do the honours for that, since he has both of them coming in :)

The CT6E is dry and refined. The mids can soar in the upper registers, but are generally a bit recessed, making for an interesting presentation that gains energy as the mids move into the higher registers. The mids remain very clear and detailed throughout, though, with a great resonance that adds a bit of zing to the music. The bass and treble are more than adequate, though neither threaten to overwhelm with too much of a hump (bass) or sparkle (treble). But most interestingly, the CT6E has an aggressive and holographic 3D sonic presentation to go with its large soundstage and beautiful layering and separation. This is done in a very unique way, and your ears may need a bit of time to adjust.... Keep listening, though, and you'll soon discover what I found- it's just so hard to find anything wrong with them...

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #10 of 78
  ZzmadzZ will have to do the honours for that, since he has both of them coming in :)

The CT6E is dry and refined. The mids can soar in the upper registers, but are generally a bit recessed, making for an interesting presentation that gains energy as the mids move into the higher registers. The mids remain very clear and detailed throughout, though, with a great resonance that adds a bit of zing to the music. The bass and treble are more than adequate, though neither threaten to overwhelm with too much of a hump (bass) or sparkle (treble). But most interestingly, the CT6E has an aggressive and holographic 3D sonic presentation to go with its large soundstage and beautiful layering and separation. This is done in a very unique way, and your ears may need a bit of time to adjust.... Keep listening, though, and you'll soon discover what I found- it's just so hard to find anything wrong with them...

seems like a energetic balanced sound which im after. I listen to lots of psytrance and need a speed and clarity but the sound stage has me intersted the most . Most of my gear has been limited in this area so im excited to see how it presents my musical content 

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #11 of 78
To add onto my previous post i just gave the folks down at CTM a call and they were very quick to answer any questions i had. Spoke to a man named Abel very friendly and told me that the source of inspiration for the CT-6E was actually the audiophile community from user experience at venues they've attended, taking input from users of CIEMs and tuned the sound to cater to the audiophile market as a result. Needless to say im sold and am going in for impressions. This will be my first set of CIEMs and am excited and i must say i would not have given the CT-6E a look had it not been for jelts impressions on the CT-500 from his review thread
beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #12 of 78
To add onto my previous post i just gave the folks down at CTM a call and they were very quick to answer any questions i had. Spoke to a man named Abel very friendly and told me that the source of inspiration for the CT-6E was actually the audiophile community from user experience at venues they've attended, taking input from users of CIEMs and tuned the sound to cater to the audiophile market as a result. Needless to say im sold and am going in for impressions. This will be my first set of CIEMs and am excited and i must say i would not have given the CT-6E a look had it not been for jelts impressions on the CT-500 from his review thread:beerchug:  

Get both the ct500 and ct6e!! That's what I am doing :smiling_imp:

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #13 of 78
with my budget i can only choose one wish i could get both but as they say really..

Apr 5, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #15 of 78
ZzmadzZ, since you have heard both the Legend R and the CT-6E, can you say something regards bass on these two iems compared to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back