Clear closed heaphones
Oct 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dlami130

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I am looking for a pair of headphones priced between $200-400. I am looking for a pair that puts emphasis on the tremble and mids. I like clear mids and very detailed tremble. I could care less about bass. To give you a sense of what i am looking for: my yama eph100 are my favorite earbuds. I love the big soundstage, detailed and crystal clear mids/tremble, and the instrument separation.

I have gone through ath m50, fidelio l1, ue 6000, ultrasone 650, and klipsch image one. I cant find a headphone that resembles the yamahas.

I listen to a lot of vocal trance and rock

Any help and suggestions you guys have would be great.

Oct 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 11
@dlami130
The srh940 would spank the eph-100 in term of details ( I can't even understand we could say  that the eph-100  are detailed) , but the srh940 don't have the great soundstage, and also they have weak life expectancy.  I  was told that the beyer T70 is a good alternative to srh940, for better built quality.

Quote:
I have gone through ath m50, fidelio l1, ue 6000, ultrasone 650, and klipsch image one

All these headphone are known to be bassy, surprising you say you care less of bass.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 11
Hmm, I always recommend the Denon AH-D2000 for people in this price range, as they are very comfortable and sound great. However, since you said you don't like bass, but care more about mids, I'm not sure what would be best. You said you wanted closed headphones? For any reason in particular? If you want the best soundstage as well as separation, open is the way to go. 

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #8 of 11
The k550 is known for having a big soundstage despite being closed. The k550 if soundstage is his priority. 
But frankly the eph-100 are exceptionally airy, I  don't this he could find this on a closed headphone.

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
Hi guys,
I am looking for a pair of headphones priced between $200-400. I am looking for a pair that puts emphasis on the tremble and mids. I like clear mids and very detailed tremble. I could care less about bass. To give you a sense of what i am looking for: my yama eph100 are my favorite earbuds. I love the big soundstage, detailed and crystal clear mids/tremble, and the instrument separation.
I have gone through ath m50, fidelio l1, ue 6000, ultrasone 650, and klipsch image one. I cant find a headphone that resembles the yamahas.
I listen to a lot of vocal trance and rock
Any help and suggestions you guys have would be great.

Heya,

Shure SRH940
Beyer T70

They are very, very similar. The SRH940 is cheaper. The T70 has a better build quality. If you're willing to drop the extra $100 on the T70, just for build quality, then it's well worth it based on what you're looking for.

Reviews for both in my signature.

Very best,

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #10 of 11
Thanks for the replies. I cant use open headphones because I will be using these mainly at my university's library and in my room (with a roommate)

I would also would prefer headphones that are not ginormous (like the d2000) and that can be used with an iphone

Thanks!

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
Hi guys,
I am looking for a pair of headphones priced between $200-400. I am looking for a pair that puts emphasis on the tremble and mids. I like clear mids and very detailed tremble. I could care less about bass.

What you describe you are looking for is the way Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs sound to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back