Cleaning IEM's? (Gross Pic Included)
Jan 14, 2008 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Ernie Mccracken

New Head-Fier
So I've had my livewires for awhile and usually wear them 15+ hours/week. Cleaning has become progressively more frustrating as more wax makes its way into the openings. I'm fairly particular, but there's just no avoiding a little wax.

How can I clean this out? The included cleaning tool can't reach that far into the IEM's.

Livewires.jpg

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #5 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe take a thin wire, like a guitar string or electrical component leads and make a long loop?

That's what i do, although i've never had that much wax in that deep. You need a thin-ish single strand wire that'll hold it's shape when bent, so you can make a hook at the end to pull the wax out.

Jan 14, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #9 of 40
I am going to also order clear livewires. Have you noticed any discoloration in the clear shell over time. I don't want to spend $300 on some phones that are going to look ugly in a few months.

Jan 14, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #12 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jboji /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to also order clear livewires. Have you noticed any discoloration in the clear shell over time. I don't want to spend $300 on some phones that are going to look ugly in a few months.

None on mine as yet, but i've only had them about 4 months. Pretty sure they won't discolour from normal use though.

Jan 14, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #14 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardHeadCase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How bout if you clean the wax out of your ears once and awhile.

x2
biggrin.gif

Jan 14, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jboji /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So far, so good. If they're not in my ears, my IEM's are stored in the case. I imagine if you left them in the sun for long periods of time they might become discolored, but not for normal use.

I'll try with a paper clip. Humnnnnn. I'm still open to ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back