cleaning hd580s?
post-198520
Post #1 of 2

PAGEFAULT

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have some hd580s. I have sat on them and some other things and replaced the cable but they work fine. I have a questions tho. Every month or two I have to open it up and blow out dust or it will rattle under high bass. Anyone have this probple? But there is still a fair amount of dust and dandruff on the speaker that sticks and cant be blown away. Any way to clean it? Any other matence I need to worrie about.

post-198533
Post #2 of 2

JaZZ

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Pagefault...

...welcome to Head-Fi! It's very difficult and delicate to clean the driver membranes of the HD 580. They are very soft and can easily get deformed by minor touches. I managed that by use of a fine brush, and thus was forced to pull out the dip with some adhesive tape. Unfortunately the latter didn't want to remove itself from the membrane anymore afterwards. But I was lucky: the heat of a hair-dryer did the job, and the membrane was fixed... ooophhh!!!

I don't know a solution for persistently adhering dust. Maybe some water, applied from below by a rubber bulb syringe, while the permeable fabric around the driver is covered...

Well, myself I don't have this problem in that extent. Could it be that the dust originates from the foam protection pads which are about to decompose? Anyway, the HD 580 sounds much more transparent and clear without them! Remove them! All the more they obviously don't provide any dust protection (I wonder how this can be).

JaZZ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)