Cleaning HD580 pads?
Oct 24, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #16 of 24
the soap can, depending on what you use, and who you are, cause irritation with your skin (if you let it dry in, and then sweat/etc into the pads, it can cause some irritation/redness/etc), this assumes you use some pretty nasty detergent and are fairly sensitive to it though

as far as cleaning them, I like zorander's method, if you're paranoid, you can wash, rinse, and repeat, as far as the blow dryer goes, just keep the heat on low, remember, nothing separates a blow dryer from a heat gun except the name

and while I agree with never buying used headphones, germs aren't gonna eat your soul just because you touch them

Oct 26, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I bet if you looked at the ear pads under a microscope even after cleaning you would still want new pads. I watched a documentary once on germs passed around from things we touch every day and it was not a pretty sight. Even the door handle inside a taxi cab contains thousands of germs on it.

It is far worse to live in a sterile environment. Your anticorps need to exercise.

Oct 26, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #18 of 24
Yea, I know that is true to a degree but in China they don't live in as sterile an environment as we do and that is why they are the main source for germ outbreaks.

I'm not a neat freak but I don't buy used headphones for the same reason I don't buy used underwear or socks.

Oct 26, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Yea, I know that is true to a degree but in China they don't live in as sterile an environment as we do and that is why they are the main source for germ outbreaks.

I'm not a neat freak but I don't buy used headphones for the same reason I don't buy used underwear or socks.

You don't? But you could. They are far easier to wash than headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't go as far as underwear but I already bought used t-shirts. Washed them previous to using of course.

Oct 26, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

There is a reason they say to wash your hands thoroughly many times a day. Especially if you are visiting a hospital. People die every day from germ infections in hospitals. My mum almost died from a staff infection she got in hospital before the cancer finally took her. But I am not completely paranoid about it because I still use paper money. I would rather not though.

The reason that people in hospitals are suceptible to infection is because many of them are already on antibiotics, which wipe out your immune system, or they have weak immune systems already from the body trying to fight off disease. This isn't a reason not to buy or use used phones.

Oct 26, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #22 of 24
I don't think that is the only reason. It's a well known fact that hospitals are a hotbed for germs and that is why they now have that special disinfectant substance at stations around the hospitals for visitors to wash their hands with before they leave the hospital.

Even regular soap kills 99% of germs anyway so if you wash the pads well then it is no big deal. It's just a personal preference I have.

Oct 26, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

I don't think that is the only reason. It's a well known fact that hospitals are a hotbed for germs and that is why they now have that special disinfectant substance at stations around the hospitals for visitors to wash their hands with before they leave the hospital.

Not surprising. Most visitors to a hospital are sick people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back