Cleanest treble in an IEM (non CIEM)?
May 29, 2015 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

Duncan

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, been a long time since I started a thread in this forum :)

So, been playing with the Tralucent 1Plus2 for a good couple of weeks now, and love the SQ that these provide, they eclipse the SE846 in terms of treble definition, with the latter sounding colored and congested, really not good at all in a direct A/B...

...So, my predicament, having bought the IE800 and SE846, and finding that neither are really all they're cracked up to be, I have the opportunity to purchase the 1Plus2, but - if there are any other IEMs out there that offer an even better / more lifelike treble presentation, then I'd love to grab a listen before hitting the go button...

As intimated by the thread title, I'm not particularily interested in CIEMs, would rather keep it simple, and - to be fair, if the 1Plus2 are pretty much at the pinnacle of top end presentation, then am more than happy to stay here, just don't want to commit to these to find in two months time that I could have bought something else that would've made me even happier...

Anyhow, over to you :)

Thanks,

May 29, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 50
Westone W60 and the Audio Technica IM03/CKR9 are worth an audition if you are after good treble rendition.

May 29, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 50
Stick with the 1Plus2 Duncan, they remain the highest performing hybird on a technical basis (I have heard) and for my sound signature. Of course, there's probably better out there but the Tralucent was enough for me to know what I wanted a long time ago. I just bought my own pair after a long time waiting because I know I can all it quitsa on purchases besides still playing in the forums. A lot of research went into 1Plus2 due to Gavin from Tralucent.

If you want to know some of the background story PM me, its quite an awesome adventure. 

May 30, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #6 of 50
@Duncan Have you auditioned/owned the late HiFiMAN RE272? It is by far the most resolving, cohesive, well-behaved, transparent and detailed treble I have had the pleasure of experiencing. Then again, I do not have any high-end experience.

If you have, how does it compare to the 1Plus2 et al.?

@H20Fidelity : We'd all like to hear that story!

May 30, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #7 of 50
Not sure Head-fi in its entirety is ready for such a story. I can tell you 1Plus2 was designed to replicate quite an expensive home rig in a portable solution. And the budget set to accomplish/research this wasn't of real concern.

But there's lots more. :wink:

May 30, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #8 of 50
Not sure Head-fi in its entirety is ready for such a story. I can tell you 1Plus2 was designed to replicate quite an expensive home rig in a portable solution. And the budget set to accomplish/research this wasn't of real concern.

But there's lots more. :wink:

How does it compare to the PSB M4U 4 hybrid 2-way IEM?

May 30, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #10 of 50
Thanks all :)

1p2 seriously impress me with their range and extension, without ramming it down your throat...

Maybe I, like has been suggested, just put my dark thoughts to bed :)

May 30, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #11 of 50
I agree the 1p2 is pretty awesome all round, I think it's the fact the soundstage is so vast that the treble never feels too close and overbearing despite its extension. The 1p2 is one that I really, really miss and I can tell you there arn't many that I do!

May 30, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #12 of 50
Well, been a long time since I started a thread in this forum
smily_headphones1.gif

So, been playing with the Tralucent 1Plus2 for a good couple of weeks now, and love the SQ that these provide, they eclipse the SE846 in terms of treble definition, with the latter sounding colored and congested, really not good at all in a direct A/B...

...So, my predicament, having bought the IE800 and SE846, and finding that neither are really all they're cracked up to be, I have the opportunity to purchase the 1Plus2, but - if there are any other IEMs out there that offer an even better / more lifelike treble presentation, then I'd love to grab a listen before hitting the go button...

As intimated by the thread title, I'm not particularily interested in CIEMs, would rather keep it simple, and - to be fair, if the 1Plus2 are pretty much at the pinnacle of top end presentation, then am more than happy to stay here, just don't want to commit to these to find in two months time that I could have bought something else that would've made me even happier...

Anyhow, over to you
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks,

Κ3003 is said to beat both iems (and 1plus2 , for that matter).

also W60 is something worth trying out .

i would also put JHA angie , but some QC questions leave me worried.

Jun 2, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #14 of 50
I second the angie, over pfe232, jh13fp, Roxanne, & se846. Its just smooth, clean, refined, & clear.

Jun 3, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #15 of 50
+1 for Κ3003

Users who are viewing this thread

Back