Clean slate for JH13Pro amplifier suggestions
Nov 13, 2009 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tf1216

500+ Head-Fier
I am sorry my fellow head-fi'ers for starting a thread like this. I bet there are many of you who have seen their fair share of these type of questions and are sick of them. I am in desperate need to upgrade quick. I am not loving where I am at right now.

A head-fi'er who I met at RMAF '09 suggested the Ibasso D10 to me (such a cool guy). I am about ready to pounce on one but before I do I would like to hear what others would suggest to a JH13 owner with a $800 budget for a DAC and amplifier. I am also interested in the RSA Shadow. I currently listen to the JH13s out of an EMU 0404 USB which I do not love at all. I am disappointed at myself for selling my Millet Max a couple of weeks ago as I don't remember being disappointed at what I was hearing when it was in use.

Any advice out there for me? I plan on traveling a bit so a portable setup might be nice. I spend most of my time listening at work so precedence would be 80/20 for a desktop setup over a portable setup. I do not need to go portable yet. I must have 'silky' sound at work.

Nov 13, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 7
I'm personally waiting for the pico slim to come out (paired with a pico dac only), which I will be using with my JH13's when I finally pick them up. I'd check out the shadow threads if your looking for something right now, I think I read about some JH13 users pairing them up.

Nov 13, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #6 of 7
I wish I had your problem.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back