Classical music flac file site
Nov 22, 2017 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Zweiguys

New Head-Fier
I've been ripping my cd collection of classical music to flac and have a question regarding quality. While the cd copy is bit for bit if the original is not of decent quality then I end up with a perfect copy of not so good original. I would like a recommendation for a site that offers high quality recordings in flac format for purchase and download.
Thanks in advance

Nov 22, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 7
I've been ripping my cd collection of classical music to flac and have a question regarding quality. While the cd copy is bit for bit if the original is not of decent quality then I end up with a perfect copy of not so good original. I would like a recommendation for a site that offers high quality recordings in flac format for purchase and download.
Thanks in advance
HDtracks.com is the only site you'll ever need, outside of torrent sites :wink:

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #3 of 7
Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 7
They sometimes also use the same master as the CD that you could have bought on Amazon for as low as a penny (plus shipping), so it sounds the same but costs many times more.

This is what I’m trying to avoid. I did purchase Brahms 1st symphony. I’m very familiar with this and have a few different performances of it. Thought maybe if I had a top quality recording it would make the selection of new iem a bit easier.

Nov 24, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #5 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back