Classical music discussion, what do you like?
Nov 11, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #2,791 of 2,850
@Christer m ntioned he has a DAVE or Hugo2 w/M-Scaler

Another great device
Is the DMP-Z1
image.jpg

Nov 11, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #2,792 of 2,850
@Christer m ntioned he has a DAVE or Hugo2 w/M-Scaler

Another great device
Is the DMP-Z1
image.jpg
I own a Qutest /Mscaler .
And yes the DMPZ1 gave Chord TT2 a real challenge when used on its own with my reference hi res classical material I know from the actual recording sessions, but adding the Mscaler sorted things out to the advantage of TT2/Mscaler again.
And the DMP-Z1 is as ridiculously expensive as the even better Chord DAVE so I am not at all interested in ever buying it.
Viel zu Teuer.

Besides it is also a VERY heavy beast.
Cheers CC

Nov 11, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #2,796 of 2,850
I never like the looks of chors products. And the M scaler as an attachment its also notso practical. Ithink thwy are connectef via a propetary cable DBNC or so

Nov 11, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #2,797 of 2,850
I never like the looks of chors products. And the M scaler as an attachment its also notso practical. Ithink thwy are connectef via a propetary cable DBNC or so
I am not a fan of their looks either but I do not buy HIFI products for that reason at all, SQ and value for money, is what makes me choose what I buy.
Cheers CC

Nov 11, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #2,798 of 2,850
What i can say about the beast (DMP-Z1) well roght now igs moody and tempwramental haha has some wild changes on the sound. I know at some point it will sound like when i auditioned it on berlin

Yup i nicknamed my DMP the beast cause its too big and heavy 😂

Nov 12, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #2,801 of 2,850
Nov 12, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #2,802 of 2,850
I really like the DMP-Z1 . The detqils and moat important, the accuracy of the reproduction of the material (music files). Some tomes i do get an amazing surround sound illusion that I’ve never experienced but once live in Hamburg

Dec 5, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #2,805 of 2,850
Someone mentioned here why are moat opera recordings distorted. I think it was @CAJames or @Christer . But long story short. On the DMP-Z1 no matter how demanding is the voice passage, how loud they sing i so not hear any diatortion at all. Contrast to the two walkman DAPs i havewhich are class D amplified i did note some vocal passages being distorted on sussen loud chqnges of volume

Users who are viewing this thread

Back