Classical EARPHONES
Aug 22, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #46 of 70

Quote:

+1

Quote:
The Dr. Dre beats Studio sound pretty good for hip hop and rnb which is what they're designed for, but the asking price is a little high.

The beats aren't considered "high-end" anywhere, they're more of a fashion and cool product.

As for portable headphones sounding better than earphones (IEM's), I think that's a popular misconception.

Of course America make good products, a relevant example is Knowles from Illinois, they make balanced armatures which are used in $1000 IEM's.

Ohhhh I always thought they were considered high end. lol. I need help I am selling my IE2 on Ebay, but I don't htink people believe me. So can you guys suggest me where to sell it?

Aug 22, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #47 of 70
Most consumers describe "high end" stuff from their price tag or popularity. 
rolleyes.gif

Selling it on eBay is probably the best. 
L3000.gif

Aug 23, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #50 of 70
Most mid-tier resells take a pretty heft hit off the original price, I think $65 is not bad.

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #54 of 70

Quote:
I love the Turbine Coppers(not sure if you're referring to them or the Golds) but I'm sure there are much better options in your price range for classical. The Coppers are great all-rounders, but for classical specifically you'd probably want something colder and with less bass.

With less bass what you mean? Like is it BOOMING? So can you help by explaining. But, I should've mentioned I also listen to other types of music well only Classical, AC/DC, Beatles, Beach Boys, and Michael Jackson.

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #55 of 70

Quote:
I am sorry if this offends you, but I don't like the MDR 600 =/. So I am going to return those, but is the UE SUperFi 5 good?

No offense taken!

Can you explain in detail why you don't like them? It will be helpful to others.

I haven't heard the UE SuperFi 5, sorry! If you don't like the EX600 we may have dissimiliar tastes and you shouldn't follow my advice on the UE700, GR07 etc. either :wink:

Nov 8, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #57 of 70

Quote:

No offense taken!

Can you explain in detail why you don't like them? It will be helpful to others.

I haven't heard the UE SuperFi 5, sorry! If you don't like the EX600 we may have dissimiliar tastes and you shouldn't follow my advice on the UE700, GR07 etc. either :wink:

Oh well I don't like the design and there is osmething with the sound that I can't explain why I don't like it. I have a hard time what kind of sound I like. But, I heard a flat response is the best for classical.

Nov 8, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #59 of 70
Airy and distant usually suit classical pretty well, though. It has a big soundstage, that's probably what you mean by "distant"? I dunno. By "hollow" do you mean it lacks bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back