Classic Sony D-303 in excellent condition
Mar 16, 2006 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

joolsburger

New Head-Fier
It's in perfect working order.

It does not skip, jump or suffer from any other transport problems and sounds excellent, I have been using it in my transportable set up for a couple of years on and off and with my headphone amp and senn's it does impress with the quality on offer. The headphone out is surprisingly good and it can drive most phones with ease. The line out deserves all the praise it gets.

Everything is smooth and easy to operate, no butttons stick and the volume control is silent, no crackles.

The case is in excellent condition although there is a little wear to be expected for its age please see the images.

The last one of these I saw on ebay sold for $177, I know we all like a bargain but please, no stupid offers!!!!

Pics are available on request, however I will post a link to pics later.

No box or any accessories, I run itfrom 2 x AA's as the rechargeable battery it came with does not work. I am happy to ship worldwide once payment is recieved and cleared.

These things are increasingly hard to find so grab it while you can.

image45.jpg

image0.jpg

Mar 16, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #2 of 11

Filburt

Headphoneus Supremus
Not to put too fine a point on it, but if you want eBay prices for your unit, your best bet is to sell it on eBay.

Also, you don't have the AC adaptor for it then, correct?

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:04 PM Post #3 of 11

joolsburger

New Head-Fier
I have an AC adaptor but not a Sony one. I would be happy to put it on ebay and futher tetchy posts about ebay will probably make that happen. I made the comment about price because the last time I advertised it for sale here someone offered me $30 which I think is maybe just a touch low!!!

Mar 17, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #4 of 11

Audiofiler

Headphoneus Supremus
I hear that jools..
it is a catch 22 sometimes with eBay vs headfi, you want to give someone a deal, but half the time the offers you receive are lowball requests that would not cover the shipping cost on the original transaction/acquisition of the unit to begin with?? ~this is a d-303 not an ipod or some cheap pcdp~

Question: Is the d-303 blk, silv, or GM?

if I did not have 2 working already and one for parts, I would buy immediately..that will sell, no worries but am curious to see which you have!!

The GM is sickest unit, and from my experience with the d-303's (worked on a few in my time), these GM units seem to hold up the best, and contained the hardest surface quality, which was less prone to scratch/denting, but do not know for sure, just my experience, if anyone can relate or add???

<Mod: if in the wrong place sorry, replying with valid questions on sale of this unit, with regards to color/make>

Cheers

Mar 20, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #8 of 11

Audiofiler

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by sub
Curious to know too, what is GM by the way?

Edit* Just read no accessories....

Thanks.

I know NEO replied here, but FYI, GM is shorthand for Gun Metal...which in sony land meant a seemingly harder composite surface quality that seems more retardant to the dings/knicks in the corner lines of vintage metal units than the black or silver hued machines. (think bottom perimeter of base or front corner near top of unit where resume switch on d-303 where scratches usually appear)

Anyway, every GM unit I have encountered, has a better surface quality, and more uniform coating, maybe coincidence, or matter of empirical findings, due to better owners/care being present. So fact / fiction...only the headfi'rs with repeated history with these units would probably know or would have noticed.

Apr 15, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #10 of 11

ume026

Head-Fier
Hi~ I wonder to have this one as soon as possible, but I still need to think about the price. However, would you please send me the 6-side-closed picture for me??? At least(1024*768)sized picture. Thank you very much. Regard Chang-Pei

Apr 15, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #11 of 11

Filburt

Headphoneus Supremus
Edit - Nevermind, thought it'd sold on eBay but now I can't find the listing...

Users who are viewing this thread