Classic 70's song without words
Dec 7, 2005 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

chrisfromalbany

Headphoneus Supremus
Ahh.. question.. there is a song I wanted to know the name of it.. They play it in the classic rock station here. Twice I heard last two weeks. I need the name..

Song..
1) No words at all... That is hard part. If there was words.. Google it.. but no words..
2) has a guitar riff like.. "girl with dark sunglasses" by ZZ top..
3) has a drum solo in the middle
4) has some kind of guitar effects sounds "spacy" in the middle of the with no other instruments. then goes back into the main riff again..
5) guessing it is a 70's tune.
6) Must be pretty well know to hear it twice in two weeks.

Guessing you don't know but thought I ask.. otherwise I post it in the music section. I sat in the car the other night hoping they tell me the name or the artist no luck.

Dec 7, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
Ahh.. question.. there is a song I wanted to know the name of it.. They play it in the classic rock station here. Twice I heard last two weeks. I need the name..

Song..
1) No words at all... That is hard part. If there was words.. Google it.. but no words..
2) has a guitar riff like.. "girl with dark sunglasses" by ZZ top..
3) has a drum solo in the middle
4) has some kind of guitar effects sounds "spacy" in the middle of the with no other instruments. then goes back into the main riff again..
5) guessing it is a 70's tune.
6) Must be pretty well know to hear it twice in two weeks.

Guessing you don't know but thought I ask.. otherwise I post it in the music section. I sat in the car the other night hoping they tell me the name or the artist no luck.

First song that comes to mind is "Frankenstein" By Edgar Winter Group.
Is that it?
TR

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #4 of 15
When I get home I'm getting on iTunes and sampling that song to hear what the hubbub is about!

Dec 7, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #6 of 15
I remember falling under the spell of that song.. it's actually hard for me to imagine someone NOT knowing "Frankenstein" - and I'm not even that old (I was born in '69)..

"Hocus Pocus" by Focus was another one.. I remember just waiting and waiting to hear that on the radio. The DJ's at Ashland College loved to play that..

-jar

Dec 8, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #7 of 15
Frankenstein4:45The Edgar Winter GroupMullets Rock!

Just heard it on iTunes - yep, never heard it before. You hear something new everyday!

Dec 8, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #8 of 15
It's difficult to think that somebody on this earth HASN'T heard the tune. I'm shocked!
eek.gif

Yes, it is most certainly Frankenstein. The 'spacey' guitar, though, is actually performed on a keyboard.

Dec 8, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
It's difficult to think that somebody on this earth HASN'T heard the tune. I'm shocked!
eek.gif

Yes, it is most certainly Frankenstein. The 'spacey' guitar, though, is actually performed on a keyboard.

yea that is it.. keyboard.. i wondering I couldn't listen to it at work and the forums talk about the keyboard playing.. i guess there were two good tracks off that album. Free ride..

Dec 8, 2005 at 4:05 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
yea that is it.. keyboard.. i wondering I couldn't listen to it at work and the forums talk about the keyboard playing.. i guess there were two good tracks off that album. Free ride..

The whole album (They only come out at night) is pretty good actually.

Dec 8, 2005 at 4:04 PM Post #12 of 15
They Might be Giants do a bang-up cover of Frankenstein at most of their shows.

Apr 12, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #13 of 15
I also am having trouble finding a song without lyrics. I believe it is also a 1970's rock song. It also has a very spacey feel to it which covers a majority of the song, but intermixed is an acoustic solo that appears 2-3 times; the acoustic part sounds a lot like the acoustic part in "Life's Been Good To Me So Far" by The Eagles, but it's faster than that...

It's definitely NOT Frankenstein or Hocus Pocus as I already tried both of those...

Any ideas?

Apr 12, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also am having trouble finding a song without lyrics. I believe it is also a 1970's rock song. It also has a very spacey feel to it which covers a majority of the song, but intermixed is an acoustic solo that appears 2-3 times; the acoustic part sounds a lot like the acoustic part in "Life's Been Good To Me So Far" by The Eagles, but it's faster than that...

It's definitely NOT Frankenstein or Hocus Pocus as I already tried both of those...

Any ideas?

Life's Been Good first appeared on the soundtrack FM and was put on But Seriously Folks by Joe Walsh. The Eagles included it in their set but it was a Joe Walsh solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back