Class of 2008: Where are you going to college?
Nov 25, 2007 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

rockin_amigo14

Headphoneus Supremus
Just for fun/curiosity.

I've got all my applications out for the following schools:

-Washington College
-Lycoming College
-American University
-University of Richmond
-Tufts University (probably won't get in)
-Amherst College (probably won't get in)
-Boston University

I should hear from Lycoming next month. The rest sometime early next year. My friend got accepted into Penn State, so yay for her!

How about the rest of you?

Nov 26, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #2 of 42
I applied to MIT so far.

Almost done with my Applications for
-Princeton
-Northwestern
-Stanford.

I know it seems like much, but I'm in Canada currently. I can easily walk into the local very god university, McGill and pay $3,000 a year (since its the standard price). I figure no point putting down tens of thousands each year unless I get into the best. So I shoot high, but I'd be fine if I don't get into any of them (which probably willl be so)

Nov 26, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #3 of 42
I have no idea. Gotta finish my applications in like, 2 days though. crunch time!

where can I get money!

I'm looking at berkley (if I decide to go a more musical way), olin (can't beat a chance at free), RIT (more tech-y), and a few others. All pretty pricey.

Nov 26, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #4 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Medeski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I applied to MIT so far.

Good luck my friend! Make sure that if you get in, you go to CPW (campus preview weekend). You'll never want to go anywhere else after it...

Nov 26, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #5 of 42
Applied and Accepted:
Kettering University
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (1st Choice)

Applied and Waiting:
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (2nd Choice)
Case-Western Reserve University (3rd Choice)

Nov 26, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 42
I'm well out of high school, but I finally applied last year and was accepted. Then I had to defer for a year, so I'll be going to university with the class of 2008
smily_headphones1.gif
Systems Design Engineering at the University of Waterloo.

Nov 26, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #7 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Applied and Accepted:
Kettering University
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (1st Choice)

Applied and Waiting:
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (2nd Choice)
Case-Western Reserve University (3rd Choice)

Did you consider looking at Franklin Olin College of Engineering? Based on your other choices this seems like another logical choice. I'm curious to find out what you think of it if you considered it as a possibility.

Nov 26, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #9 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by SysteX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you consider looking at Franklin Olin College of Engineering? Based on your other choices this seems like another logical choice. I'm curious to find out what you think of it if you considered it as a possibility.

I've never actually looked at it. Where is it located? I've gotten stuff from Harvey Mudd, but I don't really want to go to school out on the West Coast.

Nov 26, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #10 of 42
Quote:

I've never actually looked at it. Where is it located? I've gotten stuff from Harvey Mudd, but I don't really want to go to school out on the West Coast.

It's in Needham, MA--about 45 minutes outside of Boston. It's a very interesting and different place from pretty much any other college. Your entire tuition is covered with a 4-year scholarship that every admitted student receives, the student body is tiny, and classes are taught in a very "hands-on"/"in-the-lab" style. It may be too late to apply, but you should check it out anyway (here).

Nov 26, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #11 of 42
Applied and waiting:
-Binghamton
-Stony Brook

Will apply to:
-UC San Diego
-Rochester
-RIT

I have 2 days to finish two college essays...not good. I hate my chronic procrastination.

Nov 27, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #12 of 42
Quote:

It's in Needham, MA--about 45 minutes outside of Boston. It's a very interesting and different place from pretty much any other college. Your entire tuition is covered with a 4-year scholarship that every admitted student receives, the student body is tiny, and classes are taught in a very "hands-on"/"in-the-lab" style. It may be too late to apply, but you should check it out anyway (here).

Yeah, probably too late, but I'm pretty pleased with Rose-Hulman! I'm just hoping now for a reasonable FinAid packet in March...

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #13 of 42
Quote:

Yeah, probably too late...

Actually it's not. I just checked, the deadline is December 1st. You should go for it--you can never apply to too many schools.

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #14 of 42
Quote:

Actually it's not. I just checked, the deadline is December 1st. You should go for it--you can never apply to too many schools.

Honestly, I'm tired of looking at schools.
smily_headphones1.gif
At this point, I want Rose to give me lots of money, and then I'll go there. I think I'll go there even if they don't give me a whole lot, mostly because I get a really good vibe, and I felt very comfortable when I visited.

Nov 27, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #15 of 42
frown.gif
I just can't pull myself together to leave SoCal unless its TCU. I can't explain that phenomenon. However, Washington U's Ph/MD program interests me, so thats on there.

Applied to:
UC Riverside
UC Irvine
UCLA
UC SD
Texas Christian
Washington University
USC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back