- Jan 14, 2009
I'm pretty new to DIY electronics, so sorry if my questions seem elementary/obvious. I've a got friend who's more in the know that can probably help me out with the actual builds, but I want to get things all straight in my head before I start ordering. I'm trying to do as much reading on my own as I can, but it can be nice to get direct answers/confirmations if it's not too much trouble.
For the CK2III:
- If I want to house the transformer in a wallwart enclosure, do I need anything besides the case, wire, and DIN connectors? Would these DIN connectors be fine: NYS322 and NYS325? I seem to recall reading somewhere MisterX used them in a build. How does the wiring go? Which of these Polycases would be ideal? I was thinking the PM2320 would be my best bet, though if I can go smaller that would be cool.
- If I wanted a 3.5mm input jack as well, how is this wired? I've looked at pictures of builds that have done it and it looks like they simply wired the leads of the 3.5mm and RCA jacks together, but I want to know for sure.
- Same as above, but for a second 1/4” headphone output jack.
- Would C322C104K1R5CA be a fine replacement for the C322C104K1R5TA (C25-C32)? Near as I can tell the only difference is the lead material (solder coated copper clad steel vs tin with nickel underplate and steel core) and ROHS compliance but I was to be sure. Or would I be better off waiting for it to backorder ship?
For the Gamma2:
- Similar to the CK2III power question, I was wondering if I can run a o25/o24 combo inside a wallwart enclosure. If so, do I need anything besides the case, wire, and barrel plug? How does the wiring go? Which of the Polycases would be ideal? Again I was looking at the PM2320, though looking at the distances for the PCB bosses, would the PM2425 be a better choice?
- To confirm, is this the transformer I would want for the o24?
- Would FKP2-100/1000/5 be a fine replacement for FKP2-100/100/2.5 (C15, C17, C21, C23)? Higher voltage rating and tolerance shouldn't matter too much? Or would I be better off waiting for it to backorder ship?
- If I'm getting the Chipquik SMD1 removal kit, would the included flux be suitable for the SMD soldering work? I would imagine it's fine, but its label of Rework Paste Flux slightly confuses me so I want to make sure.
This is all I can think of at the moment, though I might have more questions as I go. Thanks in advance.