Circa Survive new album "Blue Sky Noise" 4/20/10
Apr 24, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #16 of 21
I really like it!

xx

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalamar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes it is everything. The source recording matters more than any playback hardware you may own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalamar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is factual, not opinion, that the loudness war degrades music by a lot. If you know what clipping sounds like you can't stand knowing that 99% of mainstream music is horribly clipped, or compressed down to a few db of dynamic range.
Louder is not better, unless you're getting that loudness with bigger more sensitive speakers and a bigger amp.

I'm not saying music needs tons of dynamic range, it doesn't, but what producers are doing is just plain dumb/way overkill.

That is completely wrong.

Radio stations use their own compression: plugging pristine music with reasonable dynamic range and no clipping will have the best result. I don't remember the link, but there is an audio engineer who can tell you that much, somewhere.

edit: found it i think. What Happened To Dynamic Range?

Louder doesn't sell more, if it does, then it's a simple matter of education. A 1 or 2 page pamphlet included with cds will not cost much, and serve the purpose.

You blindy assume that i was arguing against your point about dynamic range. of course i would like the album to sound better from a technical point of view. my point is that regardless i enjoy the music, and ill be damned if im not going to listen to it because it has some clipping. So dont assume that all of us only buy perfectly mastered cd's, and that our opinions are somehow wrong because we enjoy poorly mastered music.

In the end it is all about the music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayzei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like it!

xx

me too dude
wink.gif
keep on rocking

Apr 25, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #19 of 21
Just got my pre ordered copy in the mail today
smily_headphones1.gif
now im listening to it for the 3rd time today! its different enough from the last album which is awesome, and yet still circa survive. I think junturna and on letting go sounded a little too similar, like pt1 and 2 of the same cd almost. but i like the new change of direction.

Apr 25, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #20 of 21
I expected this album to be more complex (they way the previous albums progressed), but I like this change in sound. Your comment is identical to what my girlfriend said.

BTW, Are you stationed on Wright-Pat? I'm at Davis-Monthan. Don't find alot of other Airmen into good tunes.

Apr 25, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathisia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I expected this album to be more complex (they way the previous albums progressed), but I like this change in sound. Your comment is identical to what my girlfriend said.

BTW, Are you stationed on Wright-Pat? I'm at Davis-Monthan. Don't find alot of other Airmen into good tunes.

I am stationed at wright patt, and you're right for the most part, though one of my friends in the dorms is who got me into circa survive, went and saw them live back in march in cleveland, such an amazing show
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back