Cincinnati Meet
Feb 26, 2006 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

EdipisReks

Banned
what a great meet. it was nice meeting BHD812 finally, along with the "new" cincinnati headphone enthusiasts! i'll post my impressions sometime tomorrow, probably (i'll give a teaser by saying that the Zana Deux is the best amplifier i've ever heard). btw, did anyone leave their coat at the meet? if so, pm me and i'll mail it to you.

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #2 of 63
Yes sirre Bob. This meet, dispite it's last minuet problems, was a winner. And they are growing. Oh yeah baby, I did fall in love. It was the 701/Zana combination. The 701 headphones blew me away. I was glad to see the manufacture Rep Matt Anker of SACDMODS there. I was impressed with his interest in source players and many other things as well. I sent him home a little richer along with my Denon 2910 to fully wackout and mod. He'll do it right.

Aside from the guest list hickup, I think EddieRex, or as we all know him as "Cupcake", did a very fine job again. And thanks to the Rohe's Street Cafe for letting us crash and providing us some great black coffee.
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
eggosmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
580smile.gif

Oh yeah! I almost forgot. I sure was glad to meet the new kid, in from Chicago, Billy.

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
btw, did anyone leave their coat at the meet? if so, pm me and i'll mail it to you.

Was it a pink one with a white fur collar and poka dots?

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #7 of 63
Thanks Jahn, I was to dumb to know how to do that. (See below)

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #8 of 63
here ya go-
zana1ec.jpg

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #11 of 63
eek.gif
can't wait for impressions and pics! I'm glad you all had a great time
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #12 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
So, so, so...you know what I'm interested to hear about.
wink.gif

the recable reinforced all of the strengths of the HP-2
smily_headphones1.gif
send me a PM, and i'll give you the particulars.

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #14 of 63
Heard it with the DT990, not with the K701's, the most open and smooth as long as you didn't turn volume up too much with the DT990 which didn't control them well into moderate volume IMO. But I say was truly among the best sounding amp at the meet.

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:15 PM Post #15 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
Is that the Zana Deux!!? Impressions please
icon10.gif
I'm about to buy one. Besides k701, what headphones were used with it?

I got to listen to the Zana Deux with Rex's recabled HP-2 and a W5000 and I thought the amp sounded very likelike with both. The treble had a nice, natural sounding sparkle, very coherent mids and deep, punchy bass. I was really impressed with the tone and texture of the Zana Deux, I thought it mated very well with the quick and somewhat lean sounding W5000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back