cigarette-fi
Dec 23, 2008 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Konig

1000+ Head-Fier
Taste Commentary - WSJ.com

I got this article when I was trying to find out why chinese ciagrettes cost so much compared to the American ones. Im wondering if anyone smoked them before and willing to give some feedback.

Thanks

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 13
I have, actually
smily_headphones1.gif

Chinese cigarettes are pretty good. There are also pretty bad Chinese cigarettes.

Apparently, two factors make for good cigarettes. Good tobacco, and the curing process. "Flue curing" makes for the best tobacco but is the most labor intensive ... well guess what? Lots of manpower available in China, or so I hear
smily_headphones1.gif

Some Native American cigarette brands are flue cured. They might be similar.

I liked Hongashan by far the most, they're rich and slightly sweet, probably the best cigarette I've ever had:
Hongtashan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, smoking sucks. This stuff is way better:
http://images.quickblogcast.com/1959...asal_spray.jpg
The kick is quite astoundingly excellent.

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by kristleifur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have, actually
smily_headphones1.gif

Chinese cigarettes are pretty good. There are also pretty bad Chinese cigarettes.

Apparently, two factors make for good cigarettes. Good tobacco, and the curing process. "Flue curing" makes for the best tobacco but is the most labor intensive ... well guess what? Lots of manpower available in China, or so I hear
smily_headphones1.gif

Some Native American cigarette brands are flue cured. They might be similar.

I liked Hongashan by far the most, they're rich and slightly sweet, probably the best cigarette I've ever had:
Hongtashan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, smoking sucks. This stuff is way better:
http://images.quickblogcast.com/1959...asal_spray.jpg
The kick is quite astoundingly excellent.

is chunghwa any better?

Dec 27, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #4 of 13
I liked Chunghwa too, but they weren't as unique / luxurious as Hongtashan IMO. There's LOTS of nicotine in both brands, you even feel it on your tongue afterwards. Do try chinese cigarettes if you get the chance to - but don't bother with the Lights if you do.

Dec 28, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #7 of 13
Sometimes I smoke Djarum Blacks, (a type of clove cigarette) usually during certain social situations, or to relax after completing an arduous task. Only one store around here sells them, though. I'd like to order the real Blacks from Indonesia, or maybe even some Supers, but you can only order by the carton. I have no idea what I would do with a whole carton of cigarettes. It would take me many years to finish it off. It takes me at least a month to finish off a single pack, usually longer.

Dec 28, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #8 of 13
Marlboro Reds (Flip-Top Box).
Happy New Year
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Dec 28, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would just like to say that i heard this crazy rumor that cigarettes kill and you shouldn't smoke them... might be all a lie.

I heard masturbation makes your pp fall off...just somethin' to think about.

Smoke em' if you gottem gents, life is short.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 28, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #10 of 13
In China, the government has campaigns to encourage smoking, even saying that it is healthy for you. Although I never heard of Chinese cigs being more expensive than domestic ones.... In the Chinatowns around here (SF area) they're about $3 and under per pack.

Dec 28, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #11 of 13
addendum to scott_d_m's response:
there's this other rumor that uptight nature causes colon cancer and that you should fight that nature at all costs... might be a lie but i'm a damn god liar so you better believe it!

i looked at the prices for these chinese cigs and they are absurd, $15 a pack!??? the most i've ever paid was $8 for nat shermans and they werent even that good.

Dec 28, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #13 of 13
It's all about Lucky Strike Unfiltered. That is the best cigarette i've ever had, bar none. I hate all this crap about smoking so-called "Lights". Those taste like chemicals and probably kill you faster anyway.

If you're going for filtered cigarettes, try Marlboro Reds, any type of Clove cigs (mmm clove), or finally, SnakeEyes Scotch. If you haven't had one of the above, you need to try it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back